Focusrite Tape is an iPad recording solution with 2-track recording, instant mastering, customizable tape artwork and social media connectivity. Synthtopia talked about this iOS app earlier this summer as a tool to use with Focusrite’s iTrack Studio; the Tape for iPad app has now been released and is available for free in the App Store.
Users are able to record from the built-in iPad microphone, iTrack Solo, or even any Core Audio-compliant audio interface (including interfaces from the Focusrite Scarlett product series) and add “polish” with one button compression. Users can add titles and album artwork and share online via SoundCloud.
Focusrite Tape for iPad Key Features: Continue reading
Today Focusrite announced the launch of its iTrack Studio, a complete system for recording music on the Apple iPad (or Mac/Windows computer) with “everything a musician needs” in the kit.
Based around Focusrite’s iTrack Solo, a 2-in, 2-out computer audio interface, the iTrack Studio kit includes closed-back monitor headphones, a studio-quality condenser microphone with included XLR mic cable, and a long 30-pin device link cable to connect the audio interface to the iPad. Record both channels of audio to Tape by Focusrite, a free iOS app (available Autumn 2013 from the App Store). Continue reading
British audio gear manufacturer Focusrite has debuted a new interface for recording on the iPad. The iTrack Solo is a compact, aluminium-cased 2-channel interface for the iOS platform.
The iTrack Solo is a dual-input audio interface designed for recording instruments and vocals via iPad, (or with a Mac or PC computer). The interface is compatible with GarageBand and other popular recording apps, and it can be used on a Mac or PC with up to 24- bit/96kHz digital performance.
- Focusrite microphone input: iTrack Solo draws on Focusrite?s 25 years of expertise in high-performance pro-audio
- Made for iPad (MFi). Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows: Record with many apps including GarageBand – with up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling
- Direct connections for microphone and instrument: Plug electric, electroacoustic or bass guitar and microphone into the front panel to record
- Signal halos for level and clip indication: Two lights surround the input level knobs to ensure you are recording at the correct volume
- Connect directly to a loudspeaker system: Rear panel phono connectors provide line level outputs to an audio system for playback
- Aluminium unibody case: Roadworthy protection for even the most adventurous musician.