iZotope has introduced its new RX Loudness Control plug-in.
RX Loudness Control is designed to help audio post production and broadcast professionals create high-quality, industry-compliant mixes.
With RX Loudness Control, video and audio editors can quickly choose the broadcast standard they wish to adhere to from a set of global templates. RX Loudness Control automatically analyzes the audio and renders out a compliant file and an accompanying .CSV-formatted loudness report in just two clicks. Continue reading
Audio technology company iZotope has partnered with Berklee Online, the online continuing education arm of Berklee College of Music, creating a series of webinars for students preparing for a career in audio production.
The videos cover topics such as commercial composition and audio repair for post production, sharing “inspiring solutions for common music production activities.”
Berklee Assistant Professor and online instructor, Loudon Stearns, and iZotope Product Specialist, Brandon Carroll, have co-presented two webinars, now available online for free:
iZotope has released Iris 2, a sample-based synthesizer that they say combines ‘the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering’.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Flexible new modulation system – Iris 2’s modulation system was rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulated—using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls—with a single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- New patches – The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of new patches, plus an 11 GB sample library. The sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms – Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
- Redesigned interface and experience
- Extensive visualizations and metering – Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from Insight metering suite is included in the master section.
- Enhanced effects and filters – including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
Here are the official intro videos for Iris 2: Continue reading
iZotope, Inc. has launched the latest version of its mastering software, Ozone.
According to the company, ‘Ozone 6 features the largest user-interface overhaul in iZotope history’. The update emphasizes usability and making it easy for users to experiment, so the mastering process can be used creatively. Continue reading
Featuring a performance of a hybrid dubstep treatment of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It,” Numark has a new video out for the NV, its intelligent controller for Serato DJ.
The Numark NV, which is being released October 1, features two 4.3-inch, high-resolution full color screens. The controller’s backlit performance screens provide “vivid, real-time visualization” of Serato DJ, complete with spinning Virtual Decks, effects (FX), Cue Points, waveforms and more.
Supporting four decks of control, its screens also provide song library navigation and detailed waveforms respective to each deck. These features allow the performer to manage set elements with the source laptop closed or out of sight without sacrificing functionality.
Audio technology company iZotope has released the latest update of their RX series of audio repair tools. iZotope’s RX software “fixes” flawed audio by removing noises, distortions, reverb, and other common audio problems.
Announced earlier this summer, the new RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced tool kits incorporate new workflow-optimizing functionality into audio and video editing.
iZotope has announced an update to its RX audio repair and enhancement suite.
Available in September, the new RX 4 is designed to be companion to the user’s DAW or NLE with new “intelligent modules, time-saving features, and deeper levels of integration” with their hosts.
iZotope have teamed with Black Octopus, creators of sounds for music production, to release Modern Grooves, a new expansion pack for BreakTweaker, iZotope’s drum sculpting and beat sequencing plug-in.
The expansion includes more than 300 sounds with 40 presets: modern, clean and crisp sounds “with a dash of retro throwback,” all “designed to have a timeless feel” and work well with a wide range of material. Continue reading