Mac Music reports that Studiologic has released a free firmware upgrade for their Sledge analog modeling synthesizer ($1599 MAP).
The upgrade effectively doubles the instrument’s polyphony from 8 voices to 16. The update is shipping in new units and is available as a download for units already in the field.
Details appear to be to come at the Studiologic site. If you’ve got more info, let us know in the comments!
This video, via Arturia, takes a look at Vince Clarke, his studio in New York and his thoughts on the new MiniBrute synthesizer.
This video, via retrosound72, takes a look at the classic Roland Juno-60 analog synthesizer.
The Roland Juno-60 was originally released in 1982 and, even 30 years later, its massive analog sound has little competition. Continue reading
Synthesist Marc Doty has kicked off another of his in-depth video series, this time taking a look at the classic Roland Juno-6 synthesizer.
Korg USA has announced that the KingKorg analog modeling synth is now available.
The KingKorg is a performance-oriented synth, offering a 3-oscillator, 2-timbre design married with hands-on control.
- A full-fledged, 61-key analog modeling synthesizer designed for live performance
- Powerful oscillators that are understandable to the beginner, yet satisfying for the expert
- Modeling filters that reproduce the sound of classic instruments
- Three master effect sections (each with six effect types) add the finishing touch to your sound
- Vacuum tube driver circuit adds rich overtones and powerful distortion
- New panel layout designed for intuitive operation
- CV/GATE OUT jack lets you control a Korg monotribe or MS-20
- Support for librarian software that lets you manage programs
Here’s a video introduction to the King Korg: Continue reading
Elektron today released a series of videos, demonstrating each of the current instruments in their lineup. This is a video overview of the Monomachine SFX-60+ MKII, which the ultimate sound generator.
According to Elektron, the Monomachine’s five different synthesis methods, plus sequencing, ‘make it the mixed martial artist of synthesizers’. Continue reading