At the 2015 NAMM Show, Korg introduced the MS-20 Module Kit with SQ-1 Analog Sequencer.
The Korg MS-20 Module Kit lets you build a module version of the iconic MS-20 analog synthesizer, but with expanded synthesis capabilities over all of Korg’s previous MS-20 synths.
In this video review, via sonicstate, Nick Batt takes a look at the new Korg MS-20 Module: Continue reading
ADDAC System has released a series of videos, demoing its ADDAC702 Dual Voltage Controlled Filter.
It’s the company’s first voltage-controlled variable filter, inspired by the original Korg MS-20 filter.
- Two independent filters, a High-Pass and a Low-Pass with dedicated audio inputs and outputs.
- Besides individual outputs the HP and LP are also sent to a voltage-controlled Mix between the HP and LP filters.
- Both Cutoff and Resonance are voltage-controlled with dedicated cv attenuator pots.
- Switch for selecting between normal cutoff behaviour and an adjustable Smooth circuit to simulate a vactrol behaviour for cutoff control.
- Switch for setting filters Filters in Parallel, independent, or Series: HP into LP.
- Inspired by the Oscar synthesizer we added a Coupling switch to tie the HP Cutoff control to the LP Cutoff control, in this case the LP cutoff controls act as an offset from HP setting.
- Three position switch selects different resonance clipping paths: diodes / no clipping / leds.
- Both filters features a post Distortion/Fuzz circuit that adds extra harmonics adds an even deeper growl or extra gritiness to it.
- All audio outputs HP, Mix and LP feature a switch for choosing phase output, allowing additive or subtractive mixes.
- Three LEDs monitor the amplitude of the three outputs: HP, Mix, LP.
Here are the official demo videos: Continue reading
In this series of videos from Wave Alchemy, sound designer Matt Urmenyi offers tips and advice on how to synthesize drum sounds with an analog synthesizer. using a Korg MS-20 Mini.
In the 5-part series, Urmenyi demonstrates how to use the MS-20 Mini to create kick drum, snare drum, cymbal, tom and conga sounds.
To accompany this video series, Wave Alchemy has released a free sample library of analog drum sounds, synthesized using the Korg MS-20 Mini. MS-20 Mini Drums offers 483 drum samples and can be downloaded for free. Continue reading
Here’s another Korg MS-20 Kit build time-lapse video, via triumphthruxton. Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: This video, via ollilaboratories, captures a psychedelic synth jam session, featuring Korg MS-20, Roland TR-8, Elektron Analog Four, Korg Volca, guitar and more. Continue reading
This video, via gattobus, takes a look experimenting with paraphony with the Korg MS-20 synthesizer. Continue reading
This video, via AudioCentralMagazine, demos using the Strymon TimeLine Digital Delay with a Korg MS-20 analog synthesizer.
The Timeline is designed to put a studio-quality delay into an effects pedal. See the Strymon site for details. Continue reading
This video, via Roman Rising, is a time-lapse of assembling the Korg MS-20 Kit, accompanied by his first composition with the new unit. Continue reading