Kymatica today updated Sector – its innovative stochastic step-sequencing sampler – to version 1.0.
Sector 1.0 adds new features, more loop content, a user guide and more. Among the new features are micro-fades to avoid clicks, support for AudioBus 2, independent control of tempo and playback rate and AudioCopy/AudioPaste.
Here’s what’s new in Sector 1.0: Continue reading
Earlier this week, Kymatica introduced Sector, a ‘stochastic sample slice sequencer’ that is extremely powerful, but not as immediately understandable as some iPad applications. Continue reading
Composer/developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) has released Sector – a new app for iPad that lets you slice and sequence your loops with a network of Markov-chain connections.
A Markov chain is a stochastic process where what happens next depends only on the current state of the system.
According to Liljedahl the uniquely visual loop slice sequencer lets you “Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.” Continue reading
In the latest episode of Sonic Touch, Gaz Williams and Nick Batt take a look at using the iPad as a real-time effects processor. They cover Kymatica’s AUFX Space and Dub and Sugar-Bytes Turnado, plus take a look at the Minirig speaker and Hercules Tab Grabber. Continue reading
Kymatica has introduced AUFX:Space – a real-time reverb audio effect for AudioBus.
- High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
- A multitude of parameters to tweak to get a wide range of sounds.
- Process hardware input/output
- Process other apps through Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
- Ready for the future inter-app audio standard.
- Save and load user presets.
- Comes with several bundled presets.
- Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
- Background Audio.
- Record the result directly in app.
- Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
- Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
AUFX:Space is available for US $3.99.
Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl) has made a major update to AudioShare – a audio document manager for iOS – adding AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in AudioShare 2.3:
- Audiobus input slot support, you can now use AudioShare as an Audiobus source app!
- Trim tool, save selection to a new file
- Add iTunes music library import
- Added ‘Select All’ button in edit mode
- Name Audiobus recordings after input apps
- Show recording source (audiobus apps or hardware input)
- Allow user to edit filename extension
- Allow AudioCopy of midifiles
- Show used and free disk space in About screen
- Improve AudioPaste item selection user interface
- Various minor improvements and fixes
AudioShare is $3.99 in the App Store.
Sunsine Audio has introduced BitCode – a library of 154 presets or “codes” for Kymatica’s BitWiz Audio Synth.
Each code began randomly, and was then altered to make it more appealing; adding and subtracting variables, changing constants, etc. Support was added for the XY pad on almost every single code, resulting in potential changes ranging from subtle to drastic.