Saitara Software has introduced AC-X, a 16 channel wireless control surface for Apple’s Logic Pro X and other recording/mixing systems.
The app uses the industry standard MCU protocol, so should work with most recording/mixing software out there (but not Pro Tools yet). For the initial release, the control panel button layout is set up for Logic Pro X, but the developer says that the main mixing screen should work with most other systems. Continue reading
Apogee Electronics has introduced its new Ensemble 30 x 34 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface.
Designed for Mac-based studios, Ensemble blends Apogee features from previous products like Symphony I/O, Duet, Quartet and JAM with new capabilities to record, edit, mix and master audio on a Mac using Logic Pro, Pro Tools or any Core Audio-based DAW.
Livid Instruments has begun taking orders for their Ds1 MIDI mixer. which they first previewed at this past winter’s NAMM Show. Livid developers describe the Ds1 as a “rugged, portable solution for computer-based mixing, production and performance.”
The Ds1 works with any software that supports MIDI. Templates will be available for digital audio workstations such as Ableton Live, Bitwig Studio, Logic and more. The mixer uses the familiar layout of an analog audio mixer to introduce MIDI control, and affords more options for signal routing and sound processing when using digital audio workstations, allowing the user instant access to their mix, effects, and instrument parameters.
Apple has updated Logic Pro X to version 10.0.7,
Here are the key changes in Logic Pro X 10.0.7:
- Now supports 24 processing threads on 12-core Mac Pro models
- The current volume, pan, and send values for all selected tracks can now be inserted at the playhead position
- Enabling Low Latency Mode no longer creates sync issues for Drummer, Ultrabeat, Native Instruments Machine and other plug-ins with integrated step sequencers
- Automation can now be copied and pasted to any location using the Marquee tool
- Adds an option for MIDI volume and pan data to control the instrument plug-in instead of the channel strip
- Resolves several snap and alignment guide issues
- Various fixes that improve XML import and export with Final Cut Pro X
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Details on the update below. Continue reading
In addition to releasing its new line of Mac Pro computers, Apple today updated Logic Pro X.
Logic Pro X v10.0.5 adds 3 new drummers, 11 new Drum Kit Designer patches, enhanced EQ features, offers improved performance and more.
Here are the details: Continue reading
Reader Pete Corvus has released 4 E-mu Sound Modules as EXS24 instruments for Logic Pro.
The instruments are based on these sound modules:
- Mo’ Phatt Urban
- Orbit Dance Planet
- Proteus 3 World
- Virtuoso 2000 Orchestral
The EXS24 instruments are currently free downloads at Corvus’ site.
Sunday Synth Jam: Russian reader Kirill Sharafutdinov created this sampling jam using found sounds recorded on the street.
His Music From A Street Noise, was created using Zoom h4n, Sony ECM-MS 5, an Apple Macbook Pro, NI Maschine & Logic Pro 9.
Reader Thom Martin has released his version of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite, arranged in the ‘switched on’ style with analog monophonic synthesizers.
A Switched-On Nutcracker is available via Bandcamp. Continue reading