Native Instruments has introduced Pulswerk – a new Maschine Expansion designed for minimalistic house and techno.
In addition to 30 drum kits, Pulswerk contains 20 ‘Special Kits’, created with pitched sound sources.
The Expansion also features Multi-Effect Kits, containing pre-sequenced, tempo synced effect chains and 60 specially-designed Massive presets. Continue reading
Native Instruments has released Helios Ray - a new expansion pack, for Maschine, Maschine Mikro and iMaschine.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Helios Ray contains three styles of drum kits.
- The Vinyl Kits represent “a crate digger?s paradise” ? hip-hop sampled from dusty grooves, with vinyl kicks, finger snaps, shakers, vocal samples, claps, snares, crackle and record stops.
- The Digital Kits feature Brazilian and Latin percussion such as shakers, bongos and congas, as well as basses.
- The Analog Kits represent the “switched-on” side, drums and percussion with ‘the gritty bite of hardware’.
Here’s what else they have to say about it: Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: Here’s a 100% live, no sequencer, all finger-drumming Bass Kleph version of the Carnage & Borgore track, Incredible.
See more BK videos at the Bass Kleph site.
Sunday Synth Jam: Reader Nico Steckhan shared this music video, based on a live acoustic glitchtronica performance by Audiophil, Hope.
The track is built around a core of guitar, vocals and cajon, but also makes subtle use of Native Instruments Maschine, Korg MicroKorg and even musical saw to create an original blend of acoustic and electronic sounds. . Continue reading
In this video tutorial, Austrialian tech house producer, live remixer and finger drummer Bass Kleph shares his tips for building a performance on Native Instruments’ Maschine.
Native Instruments has released an update to Maschine, version 1.8.
Here’s what’s new in Maschine 1.8:
- Offline time stretching and pitch shifting feature
- Transient Master
- Tape and Tube Saturators
- Save group with samples feature
- Improved handling of missing samples
- Revised select page (hardware) with access to note length
- Quick select events of a sound in a pattern (Shift + Select + Pad)
- Quick erase events of a sound in a pattern (Erase + Select + Pad)
- Pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them
- Choke all playing sampler voices feature (“panic button”: Shift + Mute)
- Sample play position indicator on the waveform (hardware and software)
- AutoWrite pinning feature
- Various bug fixes
See the NI site for details.