Sunday Synth Jam: Russian reader Kirill Sharafutdinov created this sampling jam using found sounds recorded on the street.
His Music From A Street Noise, was created using Zoom h4n, Sony ECM-MS 5, an Apple Macbook Pro, NI Maschine & Logic Pro 9.
In this video, Gaz Williams takes a deep look at the just-released Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0: Continue reading
Native Instruments today announced that Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0 are now available.
- Maschine Studio joins the family of Maschine products with expanded tactile control and two hi-resolution color displays.
- Maschine 2.0 delivers a new mixer page, new audio engine, dynamic drum synth plug-ins and more to all three Maschine hardware versions.
Here’s the official intro video for Maschine Studio: Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: Chris Randall (Sister Machine Gun, Audio Damage) has moved into a new place and inaugurated it with this synth jam.
“I’m of the considered opinion that 90s style Big Beat is due for a comeback,” notes Randall.
Technical details below. Continue reading
This video, via DJ Tech Tools, takes a look at Maschine Studio and the new features in Maschine 2.0. Continue reading
Native Instruments today announced Maschine Studio – a new ‘flagship’ hardware controller – and an updated version of their Maschine groove production studio software.
- Maschine Studio is considerably larger than the original Maschine and provides expanded tactile control and new hi-resolution color displays.
- Maschine 2.0 features a host of enhancements, including a new mixer page and dynamic drum synth plug-ins, designed to deliver more power and speed to all three Maschine production studios.
Here’s an intro video to the new Maschine Studio: Continue reading
Native Instruments has released Static Friction – a new ‘tech house’ expansion pack for Maschine.
The Expansion features 33 drum kits loaded with new kicks, snares, hi-hats, and claps, as well as seven Special Kits containing analog spring reverb samples, Ride and Snare kits optimized for live performance, and additional Spoken and Radio Voice Kits for additional textures. Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: This video captures a techno synth jam by Tim Webb (Discchord) , with some help from Charlton Harleston, Market Correction.
The track is available as a free download at SoundCloud.
- Acid Lead: Cyclone Analogic’s TT-303 Bass Bot
- Lead Distortion: Sunsine Audio’s Vanishing Point
- Dirge: Arctic Keys (iPad)
- Melody: Elektron Analog Four A4
- Sub-Bass: Moog Minitaur
- Drums: Maschine (Custom hybrid-acoustic kit with TR-909 hats)
- The Anti-Christ: Charlton Heston