4PocketsAudio, developers of Meteor Multitrack Recorder and Aurora HD, has announced Synergy Studio - a matrix sequencer and synth for iOS.
- Choose your pattern length from 16, 32 and 64 notes.
- 11 Drum Kits, 42 Analogue Synth instruments, 55 Sampler instruments, 21 Pad Synth instruments.
- Further instruments available from free Sound library and in-App purchases.
- Edit existing instruments to create new ones and save them to use again.
- Easily connect and interact with other MIDI controls.
- Fully integrated mixer and effects unit available.
- 3 BAND Parametric EQ on each of the 16 layers to control the tonal content of a layer.
- Automate panning, fading and effects using the mixer.
- Export and share to other iOS devices via Bluetooth, Pasteboard, SoundCloud, DropBox, Email and FTP.
Developer Team Popo has released BeatEvolve - a new matrix synthesizer that lets you create evolving sequences.
- Three layers
- 31 instruments
- Six evolution presets including Conway’s famous Game Of Life
- Experiment by creating your own evolution rules
- Flip, rotate and shift the patterns you make
The ‘evolution’ is using a technique known as cellular automata. Details are available at the developer’s site.
AudioThing has introduced TX-101 – a 4-tracks matrix sequencer for Kontakt, designed for the creation of evolving rhythm patterns.
Each track has 4 different samples (for a total of 16 samples), including organic glitches and metal hits. It is possible to store eight presets that can be joined and looped together to build a 128 steps sequence (16×8). It is also possible to sequence Delay and Flanger effects as two additional tracks.
Synthtopia reader Jason sent word of this extended look at the Analogue Solutions Vostok Matrixsynth v2 synthesizer.
This demo features a variety of sound types and sequences (traditional and non-traditional) demonstrating the Vostok’s sound palette and variety of timbres. All sounds, with exception of the obvious acoustic drums (used for context), are created on the Vostok using either traditional patching or the pin matrix — or a combination of both.
- Pure analogue voice circuitry.
- Suitcase style design.
- 22×22 matrix pin panel.
- Rugged Steel construction.
- Quality chrome catches and cool steel spring handle.
- Stuffed full of electronics.
- No front panel space is wasted.
- Joystick, retro-VU meter, MIDI, jack socket patch points and more.
Developer Benoit Fracheboud has introduced Arix 303 – a free matrix synth for iPad.
- 16-step Sequencer
- 4 pattern sheets
- High quality lead synth sound (full octave)
- Drum sounds for amazing beats (last 3 rows)
- 4 patterns
- Speed selection
- Note preview when not in “Play” mode
- Stereo sound (requires headphones)
- 32 notes polyphony
If you’re interested in a deeper matrix synth, two options to consider are Yamaha’s iPad Tenori On, TNR-i, and 4Pockets’ Aurora matrix synthesizer.
iPad Music Software: The iOS version of the Yamaha Tenori On, TRN-i, is now available in the App Store for $19.99.
The iOS version of the Tenori On, according to Yamaha, a ?faithful duplication of the TENORI-ON concept and its design and interface, which were developed under the supervision of Toshio Iwai.?
Note: There’s lots of interesting discussion about hardware vs software in our previous post about TNR-i & the Tenori On.
If you’ve used TNR-i, leave a comment with your thoughts! Continue reading
Antkai has released a free virtual matrix synthesizer for Windows, Efta.High.
- Subtractive Synthesis.
- Voice: 8 (poly, legato, mono)
- OSC: 2 (4 wave types with mods)
- Filter: 2 (and 2 pitch mods)
- LFO: 4 (with mods, tempo sync and key sync)
- Matrix with ?inverse? pins.
- + 64 presets.
This video is a teaser for Jochen Bohnes‘s MIDI-controlled matrix synthesizer patch bay.
In a nutshell, Boehnes’ MIDI-controlled matrix synthesizer patch bay is designed to let you patch your modular synthesizer, and recall patches, using MIDI.
The video demonstrates the concept using a Novation LaunchPad to control the matrix patching – but a MIDI-controlled matrix could facilitate all sorts of interesting options, for both studio and performance work.
Pricing and availability are TBA, but Bohnes says “The planing is well advanced.”
Details below. Continue reading