Netherlands-based developer Fabrizio Poce has released MTribe - an editor and control surface for the Korg Monotribe.
MTribe is available as standalone for Mac and Windows as well as an Ableton Live / Max for Live device.
Note: A MIDI mod for the Monotribe is required.
This video, via sonicstate, takes a look at the third party MIDI add on for the Korg Monotribe, the Amazing Machines MIDITRIBE I/O.
See our previous MIDITRIBE I/O post for full info or go to the Amazing Machines site for details or to purchase.
More info at the Sonic State site, too!
Amazing Machines has officially released the MIDITRIBE I/O – a mod for the Korg Monotribe that adds MIDI In and MIDI Out.
Here’s what’s new in the MIDITRIBE I/O, vs their earlier MIDITribe mods:
- MIDI OUT functionality (Outputs MIDI Clock / The Synth Part works as an arpeggiator running at 1/16, which responds to pitch information recorded in each of the internal sequencer’s 16 steps for controlling external synths on MIDI Channel 1 / The Rhythm Part sends trigger information to MIDI Channel 10)
- Control external synths using the Ribbon Controller for Note ON / OFF, Volume Controller – CC 7 and Gate Time
- Send Continuous Controllers 1, 16, 80, 81, 82 and 83 to MIDI OUT Channel 1
- Couples as a MIDI Clock to Sync Pulse or Sync Pulse to MIDI Clock converter using the MONOTRIBE’s built-in Sync I/O
- Added the best MIDI (Female DIN5) connectors available on the market
- Added a Manufactured PCB
MIDITRIBE I/O is pre-assembled and no soldering is required for installation.
See the Amazing Machines’ site for full details.
Amazing Machines sent us this teaser image for the Miditribe I/O, a new mod for the Korg Monotribe that will add both MIDI IN and MIDI Out.
Amazing Machines says that installation of the MIDITRIBE I/O takes about 5 min, it is pre-assembled, no soldering, just plug and play.
The Miditribe I/O is expected to ship next week and sell for US $64.00 via the Amazing Machines site.
This is a demo video, via iDesignSound, of a Korg MonoTribe with the Amazing Machines MidiTribe mod:
Quick video of me testing a MonoTribe template that I made for TB MIDI Stuff. Using the Amazing Machines MidiTribe MIDI Mod.
The MidiTribe mod, as you might guess, adds MIDI control to the Korg Monotribe.
See the Amazing Machines site for details.
We’ve gotten word from Amazing Machines about compatibility of their MIDI add-on for the Korg Monotribe & last week’s Monotribe 2 update.
They say that not only does the Monotribe 2 update work fine with their MIDI kit, but the combination opens up some new possibilities:
Any MIDITRIBE Revision will work 100% with the MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 update and there is more, the MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 brings us two incredible new MIDI features:
1 – Velocity Sensitivity for the “Synth Part” (VCA Level)
2 – Control of the “VCA Level” using CC 7 (Volume) or CC 11 (Expression)
This demo shows the results of these new additions using Velocity and Mod Wheel Automation to create an much more “realistic” Accent Effect. At the end of the track you can hear a fade out of the “Synth Part” that was done by automating CC 7 (Volume).
If you’re a Monotribe owner that’s tried the MidiTribe add-on, let us know what you think of the combination.