Roland today announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface that lets up to five musicians play and record together, with individual headphone mixes.
Players have individual hands-on control of their personal mix, plus access to reverb and COSM effects for guitar, bass, and vocals. Bands can capture stereo recordings directly to a USB thumb drive, or connect the HS-5 to a computer via a USB cable and record each channel to individual tracks in a DAW.
Additionally, each musician’s personalized settings can be saved for instant recall, providing quick setup for future rehearsals and recording sessions. Continue reading
Erica Synths has released the Matrix Mixer – a new touchscreen matrix mixer, inspired by the EMS Synthi.
Here’s what they have to say about the Matrix Mixer: Continue reading
Intellijel Designs has introduced the Dubmix Voltage Controlled Mixer Suite:
Introducing the DUBMIX , DUBMIX AUX expander, and DUBMIX MINI expander. This has been a long project and it is finally in production and should ship in a few weeks. We thought a lot about how a VC Mixer would work in a modular synth context and Haven really championed the idea of focusing on VC Aux sends since this would allow for really complex and interesting automated mixing of FX and dub style sound manipulation.
We have tried to conserve size while not sacrificing the space needed for proper playability. This mixer is low noise, low bleed with clickless muting and fast clean VCAs. All the inputs and summing busses have soft clipping to help get warm sounds if you really push the mixes. It has been amazing to hook tup fx to this, automate the panning and get totally dubbed out sounds!
Here are the details: Continue reading
Musikmesse 2013: Pioneer has introduced the DJM-750 four-channel digital mixer, featuring ‘Boost Colour FX’.
Available in black and silver, the DJM-750 features Boost Colour FX, which adds a second effect to the Sound Colour FX in play, and lets you control the parameters of both FX with one knob. The mixer boasts 13 Beat FX – including the new VINYL BRAKE – with a dedicated Level/Depth knob for tactile control of the wet/dry mix.
Like the DJM-850, the DJM-750 has a built-in USB sound card to enable simultaneous input and output. Connection to laptops needs just one USB cable, for instant mixing with DJ software. Continue reading
Native Instruments today shared this teaser video for a new 2+2 DJ control mixer, rumored to be named the Kontrol Z2.
Specs and details are to come, but you can infer a lot from the teaser video.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Gear maker Line 6 announced this week that their StageScape M20d, described as “the world’s first smart mixing system for live sound,” is now available.
The StageScape dispenses with the columns of faders and knobs of traditional mixers and replaces them with a touchscreen visual mixing environment. The StageScape M20d allows multi-channel recording and can also be remotely controlled via one or more iPads.
The StageScape M20d is available now with an MSRP of $2799. Full specs below.
Musikmesse 2012: Alesis has introduced the iO Mix 4-Channel Mixer/Recorder for iPad.
The Alesis iO Mix lets you mix and record four channels of audio directly into GarageBand or other compatible Core Audio apps, turning the iPad into a multitouch portable studio.
- The world’s first mixer/multi-channel interface for iPad
- Mix and record up to four channels, or a stereo mix into your iPad
- Works with mics, instruments, speakers, headphones, video monitors and projectors
- Four combo XLR-1/4? input channels, each with trim, channel gain, pan, and low & high EQ
- Switchable 48V phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct (DI) switch for guitar recording without an amp
- Balanced, stereo 1/4″ outputs and 1/4″ headphone output with separate volume controls
- Direct Monitor switch for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Switchable limiter for clip-free recordings
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any app in the App Store
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors: perfect for presentations, meetings and VJs
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- Complete routing and signal-management controls
- Power supply also charges your iPad
At the 2012 NAMM Show, iConnectivity announced iConnectMUSE – a portable digital audio mixer.
While tiny, the iConnectMUSE offers:
- Six stereo inputs
- Six stereo outputs, each with its own unique mix
- Two USB ports
- Hub-able USB HOst Port
- Two input and two output ¼” audio port jacks,
- A headphone monitor jack
- Ethernet connection for network sharing
- A MIDI pass-thru interface
- Limited DSP processing.
iConnectMUSE will be available Q2 of 2012 and will retail at a MSRP of US $229.99. We’ll have more info on the iConnectMUSE as it becomes available.