Erica Synths has announced that three new modules in their Fusion series – a new line of vacuum tube Eurorack modules – are now available.
The Erica Synths Fusion series combine vacuum tubes and semiconductors to bring the ‘warm, powerful sound and crazy overdrive possibilities of vacuum tubes’ into your modular system.
Five modules have been announced: VCO Mixer, Delay/Chorus, VCA, Ring Modulator and Filter.
Here are details on the new Fusion vacuum tube modules:
This video takes a look at how to patch a modular synthesizer to create a DIY compressor.
PIttsburgh Modular has introduced Fltr, a voltage controlled, analog state variable filter.
According to the company, Fltr is ‘a distilled version’ of their classic Filter module, that offers the same ‘warm and gummy sounds’ in half the space.
Here’s what they have to say about the Fltr module:
The Fltr offers a warm, organic sweep through the full frequency range. The lowpass filter is gummy and relaxed while the highpass is clean and defined. The goal was to produce a filter that does not have a single sweet spot. We worked to make every turn of a knob offer something musically engaging. Multiple filter responses are available simultaneously including lowpass, highpass, and bandpass.
- Frequency Knob – Adjusts the cutoff frequency of the filter.
- Frequency CV Knob – Attenuator and/or invert the frequency CV input.
- Resonance Knob – Adjusts the resonance (Q) of the filter.
- Frequency CV Input Jack – Frequency CV input.
- Input Jack – Audio input.
- Highpass Output Jack – 12db highpass filter output.
- Bandpass Output Jack – 12db bandpass filter output.
- Lowpass Output Jack – 12db lowpass filter output.
Production of the Fltr is limited to 60 modules. The Fltr module is available now via the Pittsburgh Modular site for US $169.
Here’s an update on the latest Doepfer Eurorack modular synth gear, from creator Dieter Doepfer. Continue reading