This video features Livid Instruments founder Jay Smith talking with controllerism champion Matt Moldover about the growing DIY movement, MIDI guitars, the evolution of “producer” and more.
In the video below, controllerist Moldover explains, step-by-step, the evolution, design, and building of his custom Mojo MIDI controller:
Saturday Synth Porn: Can a MIDI controller be sexy?
Check out this promo video for Custom MIDI Controller‘s SR MixControl and let us know what you think.
The SR MixControl was designed and built custom for Simon Rodgers of Victoria, Australia. It features black concave arcade buttons, bright red LED’s, sliders, spring buttons and smooth knobs.
Tying it all together is custom artwork from Clay Chollar.
The controller also integrates a programmer application that enables complex LED functionality and preset memory.
Moldover works his Mojo at a NAMM afterparty.
The Mojo is a MIDI controller that combines ideas from traditional instruments, DJ hardware, and game controllers.
More info at Livid Instruments and Moldover.
via Livid Instruments
Controllerist Moldover was at NAMM this year, working his Mojo.
The Mojo is a custom DJ controller design that features heavy-duty arcade style controllers.
Moldover has introduced a new DJ controller, the Mojo.
- Works with all MIDI compatible music software
- Includes new Moldover template for Ableton Live
- 10 ultra-responsive touch strips
- 24 competition-grade arcade buttons
- Rubberized knobs, rugged faders and burly toggle switches
- Assembled in San Francisco CA by Andy from Pance Party
- Sexy mahogany body by Livid Instruments
- Scratch-resistant anodized aluminum faceplate
- Environmentally sealed twist-lock USB cable included
- USB bus powered electronics by Hale Micro
- Class-compliant USB device (no driver to install)
- Free copy of Moldover’s self-titled album included
- Dimensions: 11.5″ x 18″ x 4″, 7.5lbs
- “Will totally get you laid”
The Mojo retails for $1799. You may want to get details on that last feature.
Wham Bam Thank You NAMM – an after hours event at the 2010 NAMM Show – will be held Friday, January 15th from 8pm-4am.
The event will feature performances by:
- John Tejada
- Richard Devine
- Laura Escudé
- Scott Pagano
- Acid Circus
- Derek Michael
- DJ Modesty
- DJ G Ov
- Henry Strange
- Peter Kirn
- John von
A music technology discussion and panel will also be held from 8pm-10pm, with Peter Kirn of Create Digital Music.
More details here.
INFORMATION LINE: 213.915.6120
251 Main St
Los Angeles, CA
Multi-instrumentalist and controllerist Moldover performs original music from his new album including the songs “Young One”, “Toast” and “Slipping In”.
Filmed August 15th, 2009. Continue reading