Akai Pro has released this intro video for the MPC Fly music production center case fo the iPad 2:
MPC Fly merges unmatched Akai Professional technology with the power of your iPad 2, embodying legendary capabilities that have made the MPC an industry standard like real MPC pads, MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing.
Its multifunctional, double-hinged design gives you the flexibility to produce tracks anywhere, while also acting as a protective case between sessions and giving you total access to your iPad 2 for normal uses.
MPC Fly transforms your iPad 2 into a professional beat-making powerhouse.
We’ll have full specs once Akai has officially released them at the 2012 NAMM Show.
Update: Here are the official specs:
MPC FLY Hardware
- The first MPC designed specifically for iPad 2
- Fitted compartment for iPad 2 provides fully integrated portable MPC solution
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat & MPC Swing
- Works seamlessly with the MPC App: sequence & sample editing, effects, EQ and more
- Create beats on the go and transfer to a Mac or PC for further mastering
- Double-hinged case sits upright, lies flat or closes for transport
- Compatible with virtually any Core MIDI app
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charges iPad when plugged into wall power
MPC Fly iPad App
- Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in
- Built in sound library of samples and drum kits
- Record and overdub sequences and create and edit your own Programs
- 16-Levels mode: play one sample at 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note variation slider allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable Swing setting
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing
- Sample using internal mic or line-in and trim and categorize samples
- Sample from your iPod library with turntable interface
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook or twitter
- Supports WIST, Wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- Supports AudioPaste
Akai has officially announced MPC Studio, which it will be introducing at the 2012 NAMM Show.
The MPC Studio is a software + hardware combination, pairing a minimal aluminum MPC pad controller with MPC software that offers up to 64 tracks of sequencing and VST support.
Akai is not only taking on NI’s Maschine, but positioning the MPC Studio as a mobile MPC sollution, saying “Welcome to production anywhere. The world is now your studio.”
We’ve got images, video and specs for the Akai MPC Studio below. Check them out and let us know what you think of AKai’s new MPC solution!
Akai has introduced MPC Renaissance – a new music production controller that combines Akai’s MPC workflow with the power of your computer.
- Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
- Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
- MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 64-track sequencing capability
- Two XLR-1/4” combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
- Four-channel US B 2.0 audio interface and two-port US B 2.0 hub built in
- Up to eight pad banks?more than any other MPC ever
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out & S/PDIF I/O
- 64-track sequencing capability
- Massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
- Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
- Mac and PC-compatible