HarmonicDog has released an update to MultiTrack DAW – its 24-track audio recorder for iOS – adding AudioBus support.
MultiTrack DAW offers 8 track audio audio recording by default, but is is expandable to 24-track recording via an in-app purchase.
The update adds Audiobus support, a new SoundCloud upload form and more.
Harmonicdog has released an update to MultiTrack DAW, its digital audio workstation for iOS, adding support for Audiobus and more.
Here’s what’s new in MultiTrack DAW 3.2:
- Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can record directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps.
- New SoundCloud upload form.
- Projects with 8 or less tracks are now Uncached, for filespace savings.
- Zoom out now holds 200 seconds per screen width.
- Max song length increased to 120 minutes for cached projects, and 300 minutes for uncached projects.
MultiTrack DAW – an 8 to 24 track DAW for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad – has been updated to version 3.
It’s the third major iOS DAW release this week, after GarageBand for the iPad and N-Track for iPad.
Here’s what’s new:
- Per track EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving, 18db boost and cut) (3GS or later).
- Per track Compressor (3GS or later).
- Ability to monitor the input signal with effects (3GS or later).
- Fade in and out per region (editable fade points).
- Open/copy email attachments (mp3, m4a, AAC, wav, aif, ogg).
- Restore in-app purchases onto other devices.
- Delete Unused Bins from within app.
- Increased control of sliders and handles.
- Retina display for iPhone 4 and iPod 4th gen.
- Shared directory now monitors changes from iTunes File Sharing.
- Improved input selection allows spitting stereo input onto 2 mono tracks.
- iPod media browser now uses Apple supplied browser.
- Hotbox ‘Trim’ and ‘Move’ buttons unified to single ‘Edit’ button.
- new Hotbox ‘Slice’ tool splits a region at hotbox location or playhead location.
- Fader controls now accurately use decibel scale and allow a real +12db of gain boost.
- Metronome has volume control
- Track download on wifi webpage has option to include effects in track rendering.
- Bugfix: email account no longer required to create mixdowns.
- Bugfix: AAC is now in m4a container.
- Bugfix: After recording, track could be heard without disarming track.
- Bugfix: Missing metronome tick at zero
- Bugfix: Audio glitches sometimes when editing or deleting regions.
MultiTrack DAW is $9.99 in the App Store. 8 tracks are available in the standard version, additional tracks as in-app purchases. Continue reading
This video demonstrates one approach to recording multitrack audio on the iPad, using a Behringer U-Control UCA222 & MultiTrack DAW app.
Details on the setup below. Continue reading