Synth DIY provider Music From Outer Space has introduced a new vocoder project.
- Built in White/Pink Noise Source
- Built in Square/Pulse Oscillator
- Mic/Line Inputs for Control and Audio
- Good Dynamic Response To Voice Control
- ‘Reasonably Intelligible’ Speech Processing
Maike Magazine has announced a new book, Make Analog Synthesizers, written by Music From Outer Space‘s Ray Wilson.
The book covers:
- The differences between analog and digital synthesizers
- Analog synthesizer building blocks, including VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, and LFOs
- How to tool up for synth-DIY, including electronic instruments and suggestions for home-made equipment
- Foundational circuits for amplification, biasing, and signal mixing
- How to work with the MFOS Noise Toaster kit
- Setting up a synth-DIY electronic music studio on a budget
Make Analog Synthesizers is priced at $27.99 and will be released in April.
Saturday Synth Porn: The Pyramid Synth is a unique collaboration between instrument designer David Cranmer and monsterist Pete Fowler.
Synth DIY supplier Music From Outer Space has introduced a new project, the MFOS Noise Toaster.
Here’s what creator Ray WIlson has to say about the Noise Toaster:
Ray Wilson of Music From Outer Space has introduced a DIY new noise box, the Alien Screamer.
The MFOS Alien Screamer Noise Box is simple circuit can make a lot of cool sounds, it has a speaker and amp built in. It runs off of one nine volt battery and draws very little current. PC boards are available and kits will be soon also.
Ray Wilson of Music From Outer Space has introduced a new synth DIY project, the 16 Step Sequencer Vari-Clock Quantizer, designed to be integrated with the MFOS sequencer.
- Each step’s duration can be set independently.
- Each step’s duration is settable from 1 to 16 clock cycles.
- Main clock adjustment affects all steps equally.
- Clock selection: Quantized or Normal
- Two gate/trigger modes: Single per step and Multi per step.
- External clock supported.
- Clock out supported.
Here’s an in-depth intro video for the 16 Step Sequencer Vari-Clock Quantizer:
The 16 Step Sequencer Vari-Clock Quantizer is an advanced synth DIY project. Wilson expects PC boards to be available before the end of June 2012.
See the MFOS site for details.