Here’s what’s new in NanoStudio 1.4:
- Audiobus support for input (sampling) and output (main mix)
- Virtual MIDI inputs for note and controller data
- MIDI input transpose
- 4 extra banks for your Eden presets
- Fixed ‘empty sample’ bug when pasting from some Waldorf apps
Here’s what they have to say about it:
We are huge fans of the versatile iOS daw app “Nanostudio” by Blip Interactive. As a way of saying “thanks” and to give something back to the community, we are offering our custom soundbanks exclusively for Nanostudio iPhone and iPad users.
We have taken patches from some of our top-selling products and adapted them for use in Nanostudio’s EDEN synthesizer/sampler, as well as custom drum kits for the TRG-16 mpc styled drum machine that both come with Nanostudio. Also included is a Dubstep demo track completely composed using these sounds and loadable in Nanostudio.
Open Mic: This video captures Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess demoing his favorite music apps for iOS, including: Magellan, Tachyon, Cassini, Nlog, Cylon Voice, Garage Band, Geo Synthesizer, DrumJam, NanoStudio, SynthX, VoiceSynth, BitWiz, SpaceWiz, Animoog, iDensity, iKaossilator, PixiTracker, TC-11, MorphWiz and SampleWiz.
What are your favorite music apps for iOS?
Blip Interactive has released a Mac OS X version of its popular iOS virtual studio, NanoStudio.
Better yet – it’s free!
- NanoStudio has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
- Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ.
- You can transfer projects between your OS X or Windows computer and your iOS device, or use NanoStudio’s audio mixdown options and export features to get your ideas over to your favourite desktop DAW.