AudioKit is a new open source platform for audio synthesis, processing and analysis on iOS and OS X.
Developer Johannes Taelman has introduced Axoloti, an open platform that lets you create custom hardware synthesizers and audio processing systems. Continue reading
Blidino is an Arduino project, designed to allow you to add wireless connectivity to standard MIDI devices, using the recently added MIDI over Bluetooth protocol on iOS and OS X.
The m!lTone - described as ‘a portable hands-free ultrasonic synthesizer, MIDI controller & more’ – is now under development as a Kickstarter project.
- Have hands-free control with up to 2 ultrasonic sensors for Continuous, Weighted, & Discrete “Air” functionality
- Control video and lights (using MIDI & third party software).
- Uses a very popular and open source code base that is Arduino compatible
- Play and explore different sounds and moods with over 200 scales from all over the
- world including 40 Quarter Tone maqams (scales)
- Small, lightweight, and portable
- Built-in speaker
- DC adapter, 9V battery or solar powered.
- Backlit 2×16 LCD display (White on Blue)
- Wooden enclosure with randomly selected exotic veneer
- The m!lTone is fully programmable to change its sounds and functionality
- Audio control using the body
Here’s the official intro video: Continue reading
This video, via developer Geert Bevin, is an introduction to EigenD – a general purpose music performance environment.
While EigenD was developed for using with the Eigenlabs Eigenharp, it’s grown into a free, open source performance platform, for all digital music instruments and controllers. Continue reading
Synthino is a new Arduino-based synthesizer, a collaboration between two Minneapolis-based DIY kit makers (nootropic & GetLoFi) and members of TC Maker, a non-profit Minnesota based organization focused on growing the maker community.
The Synthino is designed to be powerful, compact, low-cost and hacker-friendly. Continue reading