2015 NAMM Show: Pioneer Electronics has introduced the XDJ-RX Rekordbox DJ System, an all-in-one DJ console that incorporates two separate digital players, a mixer, and a built-in monitor.
The new DJ system is intended for users of Pioneer rekordbox music management software, which lets DJs play prepared music stored on a USB device, eliminating the need to connect or carry a separate computer for use as a music source.
The XDJ-RX’s featured 7-inch LCD screen provides a window of information including simultaneous display of music waveforms from each integrated player. The unit also emulates Pioneer’s well-known professional players with built-in key performance functions including HOT CUE, BEAT EFFECTS, SOUND COLOR FX and a new LOOP SLICE feature. Continue reading
RTTNews reports that Japanese electronics maker Pioneer Corp. plans to sell its DJ equipment business to a U.S. private equity firm, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), for 59 billion yen (about $551 million).
Pioneer would then acquire a portion of the newly issued shares in PDJ Holdings Co., Ltd (PDJHD), which would be owned 85.05% by KKR and 14.95% by Pioneer. Continue reading
At Musikmesse 2014, Pioneer is teasing a new DJ turntable. Continue reading
Musikmesse 2013: Pioneer has introduced the DJM-750 four-channel digital mixer, featuring ‘Boost Colour FX’.
Available in black and silver, the DJM-750 features Boost Colour FX, which adds a second effect to the Sound Colour FX in play, and lets you control the parameters of both FX with one knob. The mixer boasts 13 Beat FX – including the new VINYL BRAKE – with a dedicated Level/Depth knob for tactile control of the wet/dry mix.
Like the DJM-850, the DJM-750 has a built-in USB sound card to enable simultaneous input and output. Connection to laptops needs just one USB cable, for instant mixing with DJ software. Continue reading
Pioneer DJ is teasing a new DJ player……
Full Details are coming September 6, 2012.
Pioneer has announced the XDJ-Aero, the first Wi-Fi DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers.
The XDJ-AERO lets you mix and arrange music tracks stored on smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers. The XDJ-Aero can also create its own wireless access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range.
At the Musikmesse 2012, Pioneer is introducing the RMX-1000 Remix Station, a three-in-one system made up of editing software, a hardware controller and VST and AU plug-ins.
The RMX-1000 is designed to deliver the possibilities of studio effects and beatboxes, with the added physicality of pro-DJ equipment.
Pioneer’s remixbox editing software lets you customize the RMX-1000 hardware to your own performance style and load it up with your own banks of samples.
The RMX-1000 VST and AU plug-ins lets you use the Remix Station with your current digital audio workstation software.
The RMX-1000 is expected be available in May 2012 for 699 Euro, including VAT.
Pioneer has introduced a new compact DJ controller, the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO-V for Virtual DJ.
- Bundled with Virtual DJ LE – The DDJ-ERGO comes packaged with Atomix Productions’ Virtual DJ Limited Edition with a Pioneer original GUI and a broad range of performance functions straight from the controller.
The DDJ-ERGO offers dedicated knobs and buttons for four-deck mixing, filters, sample decks and loop recording. This makes it possible to access all the most important controls instantly without pressing the Shift button, which is only required for more advanced performance features and settings.
The MIDI output makes the DDJ-ERGO compatible with most other DJ software on the market, Traktor users can apply the included TSI settings file to control their favorite software.
- Pulse control adds a visual dimension for precision performance– uses light to give a visual representation of pitch, beat, effects and which decks are in use. The main features of Pulse Control include:
- Mix Pulse: A blue LED on the jog wheel shows how close the phase of the mix is during a mix. The bigger the difference in pitch, the weaker the light. The closer the match, the more intense the light shines.
- Beat Pulse: LEDs in the channel faders match the beat of the track in play. The strength of the light reflects output levels.
- Launch Pulse: A red light travels from the Load button towards the Jog Wheel to indicate when a track has been loaded.
- FX Pulse: Various light patterns on the Jog Wheel clearly show which FX DJs have applied.
- Pro features – The DDJ-ERGO offers a 115mm Jog Wheel from the Pioneer pro-DJ range. The controller has also inherited the same layout as the popular DDJ-T1 and DDJ-S1 controllers. Plus the controller employs the same audio circuitry as Pioneer’s professional mixers for the master out terminal.
- Laptop integration keeps screen in DJs’ line of sight at all times – Pioneer’s laptop dock design enabled DJs to place laptop keyboards underneath the controller to use as little space as possible and keep the screen in view while using the controls. The DDJ-ERGO can also be adapted to sitting or standing positions; simply set the controller flat on any surface by unscrewing the removable legs.
- USB-powered – The DDJ-ERGO is fully operational from a USB bus through your computer, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Other features:
- Line in and MIC input
- The industry’s first lock mechanism, “P-LOCK Fader Cap”, is equipped on the cross-fader and each channel fader to prevent fader caps from slipping during performance.
- Built-in audio interface.
The DDJ-ERGO-V is priced at 499 Euros, inclusive of VAT.