Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
Propellerhead has updated Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iOS, adding new features, a tutorial and other fixes.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
Key New Features:
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take’s settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.
This video, via Spectre Sound Studios, captures an epic rant on the state of modern music production, arguing that the “talent enhancement that plagues modern music production doesn’t equal better music.” and, bottom line: TECHNOLOGY HAS TAKEN THE PLACE OF TALENT!!!
They add: #autotuneblows #beatdetectiveseucks Continue reading
2014 Summer NAMM Show: Australian pro-audio manufacturer RØDE Microphones has introduced the iXY with Lightning connector microphone for iPhone 5, 5s and 5c.
The new mic is designed to allow high-quality recording at sample rates up to 24-bit/96kHz.
The iXY with Lightning connector features a matched pair of ½ inch condenser capsules arranged in a stacked X-Y configuration, with on-board high-fidelity analogue to digital conversion. Accrding to RØDE, this ensures accurate, immersive and true to life stereo recordings. Continue reading
At the 2014 Summer NAMM Show, PreSonus introduced the AudioBox iTwo Studio recording kit.
The AudioBox iTwo Studio combines a USB bus–powered interface for Mac, Windows, and iPad with Studio One Artist DAW software (Mac and Windows), Capture Duo recording software (iPad), monitoring headphones, a large-diaphragm condenser microphone, Nimbit Free account, and all necessary cables. Continue reading
MuTools has introduced MuLab 6 – the latest version of its music production studio for Windows and Mac.
According to MuTools, “MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app that all together seriously increase the creativity, comfort and productivity of MuLab.” Continue reading
PreSonus Capture for iPad is a new 32-track audio recording application that offers up to 24-bit, 96 kHz fidelity.
With Capture for iPad, you can record and save multiple songs on an iPad, and Capture is the only app that provides direct wireless transfer of your recordings to PreSonus Studio One for Mac or Windows (version 2.6.3 or later). Songs and individual tracks can also be copied using iTunes if the iPad is connected to the computer with a USB cable. Continue reading
Propellerhead has introduced Take Creative Vocal Recorder – a free digital audio recorder app for iOS, designed for quickly capturing musical ideas.
It’s designed with a simplified interface – with a single tap, you’re recording. It’s designed for use with headphones, so you can record in sync with built-in metronome, loops or beats.
The app also offers three tracks for fleshing out ideas and audio effects processing.
Note: Take is optimized for the built-in microphone on your iOS device. Wear headphones to hear your backing tracks. Best results come from using headphones (the ones without an integrated microphone) and recording into your iPhone/iPod/iPad mic directly.
Here are examples of Take Creative Vocal Recorder in action: Continue reading