UK audio gear-makers Focusrite have announced the Scarlett Solo Studio Pack. The pack features their simplest interface (the Scarlett Solo), bundled with a condenser microphone and professional headphones, together with cables, samples and software.
This video is a sneak preview of MiMiX – a new mixer app for Audiobus.
MiMiX is designed to let you control and mix the output of multiple iPad music apps. Continue reading
Mackie has introduced the new Mix Series Compact Mixers, with three new models:
- the Mix5 5-Channel Compact Mixer;
- the Mix8 8-Channel Compact Mixer; and
- ]the Mix12FX 12-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects.
Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. According to Mackie, the new line of mixers offer a feature set perfect for smaller applications. Continue reading
The Alesis iO Mix iPad Recording Dock is featured in the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. Continue reading
Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
Propellerhead has updated Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iOS, adding new features, a tutorial and other fixes.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
Key New Features:
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take’s settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.
This video, via Spectre Sound Studios, captures an epic rant on the state of modern music production, arguing that the “talent enhancement that plagues modern music production doesn’t equal better music.” and, bottom line: TECHNOLOGY HAS TAKEN THE PLACE OF TALENT!!!
They add: #autotuneblows #beatdetectiveseucks Continue reading
2014 Summer NAMM Show: Australian pro-audio manufacturer RØDE Microphones has introduced the iXY with Lightning connector microphone for iPhone 5, 5s and 5c.
The new mic is designed to allow high-quality recording at sample rates up to 24-bit/96kHz.
The iXY with Lightning connector features a matched pair of ½ inch condenser capsules arranged in a stacked X-Y configuration, with on-board high-fidelity analogue to digital conversion. Accrding to RØDE, this ensures accurate, immersive and true to life stereo recordings. Continue reading