IK Multimedia has announced that it’s now shipping the iRig Mic Field, a “pocketable” and adjustable stereo digital microphone for audio and video field recording with Lightning-compatible iOS devices.
iRig Mic Field Features:
- Digital stereo field-recording mic which connects to iOS devices via the Lightning port
- Lightweight and “pocketable” design
- Rotates 90° for optimal audio/video positioning; locks in place with comfortable-to-use controls
- Ideal for music recording, video shoots or any field recording application
- Integrated headphone output for immediate real-time audio monitoring
- Gain control and multicolor LED indicator for easy and accurate level adjustment
- 2 high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules
- 24-bit, 44.1 – 48 kHz A/D conversion
Here’s their official intro video: Continue reading
In this video, Chris Stack of experimentalsynth explores using the iConnectivity iConnectMIDI4+ audio/MIDI interface to record audio from Animoog on his iPad directly into Ableton Live. Continue reading
UK audio gear-makers Focusrite have announced the Scarlett Solo Studio Pack. The pack features their simplest interface (the Scarlett Solo), bundled with a condenser microphone and professional headphones, together with cables, samples and software.
This video is a sneak preview of MiMiX – a new mixer app for Audiobus.
MiMiX is designed to let you control and mix the output of multiple iPad music apps. Continue reading
Mackie has introduced the new Mix Series Compact Mixers, with three new models:
- the Mix5 5-Channel Compact Mixer;
- the Mix8 8-Channel Compact Mixer; and
- ]the Mix12FX 12-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects.
Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. According to Mackie, the new line of mixers offer a feature set perfect for smaller applications. Continue reading
The Alesis iO Mix iPad Recording Dock is featured in the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. Continue reading
Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
Propellerhead has updated Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iOS, adding new features, a tutorial and other fixes.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
Key New Features:
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take’s settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.