Ziebane Instruments has introduced RX-207 Live Remixer for Windows.
RX-207 is a DirectX 9 based realtime audio and video groovebox, designed to transform your PC into a real electronic instrument, as close to the feeling of dedicated hardware as possible. The sound engine was built from scratch to achieve ‘unparalleled’ responsiveness in computer music production.
RX-207 lets you remix existing phrases and patterns, build up on them, make them your own or start from scratch with original material. Continue reading
Twisted Tools has introduced Ultraloop, a new loop remixing sampler.
Ultraloop combines advanced loop layering, comping, effect processing and automation techniques to generate new grooves, riffs and song ideas. You can use Ultraloop with the included factory sample library or to remix your own samples.
Here’s a demo of Ultraloop in action, along with some overviews of the new app: Continue reading
Electronic dance music pioneer Giorgio Moroder is featured in this week’s Weekend Edition on NPR.
In the interview, Moroder share’s his first experiences with the Moog modular synthesizer and more. Continue reading
This series of videos, via Rishabh Rajan, takes a look at remixing in Ableton Live.
In the videos, Rajan looks at the process of remixing Froya’s tune, Fries in Cream. Continue reading
Steinberg has introduced Sonote Beat Re:Edit – a new app, for Mac & Windows, designed for remixing. The app extracts characteristic beat slices from an audio loop and lets you swap them with similar sounds from other audio files.
AudioPorn Central, Moonpop Music and Point Blank Music School have teamed up on a Tangerine Dream remix contest:
The track, Sun Son?s Seal (Part 1), comes from TD’s 2004 album Purgatorio.
Contest organizers say that this is the first time ever anyone besides the band has had official access to the stems to remix a Tangerine Dream song.
The winning remix will be selected by TD’s Jerome Froese and be included on an upcoming release.
You can preview the track below:
Reader Marc Mitchell let us know that Beatport is running a Giorgio Moroder remix contest.
Mitchell notes that, whether or not you enter the contest, “ the parts to ‘from here to eternity’ are worth having.”
You can get the details on the contest, or just download the original parts, at Beatport.
White Noise Software has announced an update to Genome MIDI Sequencer (App Store link), its software sequencer for the iPad.
Here’s what’s new in Genome MIDI Sequencer 1.1.0:
- Fixes for playhead visual positioning issues
- ?Create? option for Grooves (create a groove template from a pattern, such as recorded MIDI notes).
- Remix Pads
- File management ? Delete, email, Open in? (for opening files in other apps including Dropbox)
- Improvements to Zooming ? Zooming in and out should work a little better now in general. When zoomed out, the view now smoothly zooms in instead of abruptly zooming
- New zoom mode. In additioned to the standard ?fixed? zoom (where X and Y scale is locked together), there?s an ?advanced? mode that lets you zoom X and Y are independently zoomable.
- OMAC App Fast switch ? This allows you to quickly switch between compatible apps (not every app supports this yet) via a menu in Genome. The button for this is on the sequencer page.
- Important Change: Genome?s virtual port is no longer ?on? by default. You have to enable it via the config menu. The reason for this is that this is a frequent point of confusion for users. Having a virtual port can lead to issues where apps get connected twice (resulting in doubled tempos and other weird cases). It?s only necessary for Genome to have a virtual MIDI port when other apps don?t have one of their own. Only a few apps _don?t_ have virtual ports (such as Animoog), but for the majority of apps you won?t need it on.
- Bugfixes and stability improvements
Not in 1.1.0 but being worked on:
- MIDI Learn (for binding controllers to Patterns and Song steps) ? I had wanted to get this in 1.1.0, but there are important bug fixes that need to get out now. This will be one of the first things I implement for the next update.