The R-56 Vacuum Tube Reverb uses two 9-pin miniature triode-pentodes, type 12CT8. The design is optimized for maximum sound quality and minimum noise and hum. It is presently the only vacuum-tube spring reverb usable in a Euro-rack modular synthesizer. Continue reading
The Strymon BigSky Reverb is a new hardware effects pedal designed to create immersive ‘lush, glorious, radiant reverbs’.
Here’s what they have to say about the BigSky Reverb:
Using the fundamentals of acoustical science as our beacon, we carefully studied and scientifically analyzed reverb technology from the past fifty years. We faithfully captured the essence of these classic sounds, and forged ahead to dream up our vision of reverbs from the future.
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine. BigSky gives you twelve studio-class reverb machines, each with simple yet powerful controls.
We knew we must take reverb to a whole new level. With careful attention to detail, innovative analog circuitry design, an insanely powerful SHARC processor, and the utilization of top-shelf components, we’ve developed a reverb pedal that fits on your pedal board yet has better audio quality than many rack reverb units. This fusion of science with art has just one goal. To provide you with the most musically inspirational reverb experiences possible.
This video, via Groove3, explores the history of delay as an audio effect and an introduction to the technologies used to create delay effects.
- Variable room size
- 108 presets
- Preset management for MIDI, audio and reverb settings
- Extensive filter layout for a wide spectrum of sound
- Supports internal and external (USB class compliant or MFi) audio interfaces
- Routing matrix, which supports up to 24 input and 24 output channels
- Full Audiobus integration (input, filter and output position)
- Supports full MIDI communication via network and USB-MIDI interfaces, as well as inter-app MIDI
- Supports sample rates of 44.1 kHz – 96 kHz
- Latencies from 64 samples
- Special low-light mode for live use on stage (“stage mode”, iPad only)
- Background audio for multitasking with other apps
Mixing/mastering studio Submersible Studios created this audio comparison of several cheap, but high-quality software audio reverbs.
The audio comparison includes two from VallhallaDSP, AudioDamage’s Eos, and the stock Logic Platinumverb (and the convolution ‘verb Space Designer for comparison). The audio embed includes tags that indicate the individual reverb and setting. Continue reading