Here’s a sneak preview of Livetronica Studio, a DJ style DAW for Mac & Windows.
DJ Greyboy vs DJ Mama the scratching French Bulldog.
Now, if he could just learn beatmatching.
2012 NAMM Show: IK Multimedia has introduced a pair of iOS DJ products:
- iRig Mix; a new mobile DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad; and
- DJ Rig, a new iOS DJ app.
iRig MIX is the first mobile mixer for iPhone, iPod touch or iPad devices. iRig MIX offers the same controls you would expect from a professional DJ mixer (crossfader, cues, EQ and volume controls, etc.) in an ultra-compact mobile mixer that can be used with a variety of iOS DJ mixing and other apps.
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel cross-fader
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- Headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- ?X-Sync? mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can also be powered with battery packs and mobile chargers
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker
Users have a miniature DJ setup in the palm of their hand, with a turntable and mixer interface. Continue reading
This video, via MIT, takes a look at the history of the modular synthesizer.
It captures a lecture by Prof. Christopher Ariza, from MIT’s Music and Technology (Contemporary History and Aesthetics).
Topics covered include:
- The Modular Synthesizer: Overview
- The RCA Synthesizer
- RCA Synthesizer Mark I
- Buchla 100 Series Modular Electronic Music System
- Moog modular systems I, II, and II
- Modular synthesizer concepts
- Key synthesizers