SineVibes has updated Torsion, a three-oscillator software synth for Mac, to version 2.
Here’s what’s new in Torsion 2.0:
- New user interface with more convenient layout, drastically increased ease of use, and better visibility in daylight.
- Separate fine pitch control per each oscillator.
- Oscillator pitch modulation range increased to three octaves (up from one).
- Oscillator level now affects the waveform display.
- New trapezoid LFO waveform.
- Added 1/48 note LFO rate option.
- New distortion effects module with sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog-style saturation, and Bode frequency shifter.
- New delay effects module with stereo modulation and dual filter.
- Disabling of idle oscillators and effect modules to reduce processor load.
- 20 new preset patches.
- User manual in PDF format.
Sinevibes has introduced Multitude, a new AudioUnit delay effect plugin for Mac that they describe as “the most sophisticated yet the most fun to use delay plugin the world has ever seen.”
Here’s what they have to say about Multitude: Continue reading
Here’s what they have to say about Malfunction:
Warped from inside. This unique effect is based on a special low-pass filter that has been ‘circuit-bent’ – that is, the algorithm has messed up internal connections and doesn’t operate normally. It produces an incredibly characterful, screaming distortion that is full of attitude and puts out various unpredictable but controllable buzzes and noises.
SineVibes has introduced Switch – a new app for OS X that lets you ‘slice and strobe’ drum beats, apply intricate motion onto instruments and vocals and other rhythmic gate effects.
Here’s what they have to say about Switch: Continue reading
SineVibes has introduced Shift – an animated frequency shifter that they say will ‘turn anything into an insane glitch’. Continue reading
Sinevibes today announced version 2.0 of Sequential, its multi-effect sequencer for OS X.
Sequential features a wide variety of algorithms designed to filter, distort and even synthesise sound. You can ‘add subtle spice or completely warp everything’.
Here’s what’s new in Sequential 2.0: Continue reading
SineVibes had introduced Torsion, a new monophonic Audio Unit synthesizer that offers multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources.
Torsion’s sound structure is similar to a traditional subtractive synthesizer ? three oscillators going into a low-pass filter and into an amplifier. But Torsion’s oscillators are different: they produce simple additive waves based on just a few partials, which are then enriched with spectral content using a technique called waveshape modelling (which literally “curls” the wave in real time).
To further spice the sound up, there is a ring modulator and an audio-range oscillator for filter FM. Continue reading