SineVibes has updated Torsion, a three-oscillator software synth for Mac, to version 2.
Here’s what’s new in Torsion 2.0:
- New user interface with more convenient layout, drastically increased ease of use, and better visibility in daylight.
- Separate fine pitch control per each oscillator.
- Oscillator pitch modulation range increased to three octaves (up from one).
- Oscillator level now affects the waveform display.
- New trapezoid LFO waveform.
- Added 1/48 note LFO rate option.
- New distortion effects module with sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog-style saturation, and Bode frequency shifter.
- New delay effects module with stereo modulation and dual filter.
- Disabling of idle oscillators and effect modules to reduce processor load.
- 20 new preset patches.
- User manual in PDF format.
Sinevibes has introduced Multitude, a new AudioUnit delay effect plugin for Mac that they describe as “the most sophisticated yet the most fun to use delay plugin the world has ever seen.”
Here’s what they have to say about Multitude: Continue reading
Sinevibes has introduced a new effect, Malfunction, designed to turn drum loops into glitchy mayhem, make basses scream and beg for mercy and ‘burn anything to ashes’.
Here’s what they have to say about Malfunction:
Warped from inside. This unique effect is based on a special low-pass filter that has been ‘circuit-bent’ – that is, the algorithm has messed up internal connections and doesn’t operate normally. It produces an incredibly characterful, screaming distortion that is full of attitude and puts out various unpredictable but controllable buzzes and noises.
SineVibes has introduced Switch – a new app for OS X that lets you ‘slice and strobe’ drum beats, apply intricate motion onto instruments and vocals and other rhythmic gate effects.
Here’s what they have to say about Switch: Continue reading
SineVibes has introduced Shift – an animated frequency shifter that they say will ‘turn anything into an insane glitch’. Continue reading
Sinevibes today announced version 2.0 of Sequential, its multi-effect sequencer for OS X.
Sequential features a wide variety of algorithms designed to filter, distort and even synthesise sound. You can ‘add subtle spice or completely warp everything’.
Here’s what’s new in Sequential 2.0: Continue reading