Developer Roger Mann has released R960Seq, a software sequencer for the iPad inspired by the classic Moog Modular 960 Sequential Controller.
Nodal is a standalone generative sequencer that allows the user to create complex musical patterns based on the concept of a network of nodes (musical events), connected together by edges (transitions between events).
Here’s what’s new: Continue reading
Sugar Bytes has released Thesys – an iPad version of their ‘extremely powerful and intuitive’ MIDI step sequencer app.
Thesys provides a versatile palette of performance options, which can be triggered right from your MIDI keyboard: you can transpose, manipulate, twist up, mutate, and mangle patterns without needing to touch your iPad.
You can use Thesys on your iPad to control apps or external hardware or software synths.
Here’s a video intro to Thesys: Continue reading
4PocketsAudio has released Synergy Studio – a matrix sequencer for the iPad
- Choose your pattern length from 16, 32 and 64 notes.
- 11 Drum Kits, 42 Analogue Synth instruments, 55 Sampler instruments, 21 Pad Synth instruments.
- Further instruments available from free Sound library and in-App purchases.
- Edit existing instruments to create new ones and save them to use again.
- Easily connect and interact with other MIDI controls.
- Fully integrated mixer and effects unit available.
- 3 BAND Parametric EQ on each of the 16 layers to control the tonal content of a layer.
- Automate panning, fading and effects using the mixer.
- Export and share to other iOS devices via Bluetooth, Pasteboard, SoundCloud, DropBox, Email and FTP.
Developer Alexandre Jean Claude let me know about an update to his Brainwave Sequencer for the iPad.
Here’s what’s new in Brainwave Sequencer 1.3:
- Compiled and tested for IOS 5.1
- Added a new demo song (Struhkcher)
- MIDI and Audio support
- Now plays back in the background and mixes with other audio apps
- Add support for program change, bank select per instrument
- Properly support MIDI input for MIDI clock
- Added panning per instrument
- Re-calibrated the audio engine volumes
- Added new samples (drums, bass, pads and ProKeys 88)
- Fixed existing sample to remove some clicks
- Panning the timeline now scrubs the timeline
- Removed unnecessary buttons (rew, ff, add, event info, song info)
- Clip browser in the clip editor
- Open Song info by touching the song name
- UI revamp for the Mixer view and instrument editor
- New help interface