Developer Achilleas Sourlas has introduced LoAdKer for iOS, a new app that lets you create fractal-based rhythms:
LoAdKer is a rhythm generator that uses fractal sequences as a means to produce complex but musical results.
The software was developed by Ax.Art, aka Achilleas Sourlas, a musician and music software developer and is a product of his research into the use of fractals for music composition. It currently runs on iOS 5.1 and above. LoAdKer uses Csound as its sound engine, a powerful audio programming language, developed in the mid-1980s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) by Barry Vercoe.
Here’s a demo of LoAdKer in action: Continue reading
Bolasol has released Werkbench 2.0 – a major update to the audio sequencer for the iPad. Continue reading
Symphonix Evolution – a sequencer and notation editor for the iPad – has been updated to version 2.
Symphonix Evolution 2 lets you create scores, tabs, sequence up to 16 tracks and record up to 8 tracks of audio. Continue reading
Software sampler & sequencer Loopseque has been updated with Audiobus support.
- Easy to use sequencer.
- Sample editor, uploader & browser.
- Onboard Samples library.
- Audio effects.
- Live track recording & loop bouncing.
- SoundCloud sharing.
- Project sharing via e-mail.
- 22 professionally designed electronic sample sets.
- 14 original project presets.
- Loopseque Store with new projects and tracks by talented artists.
- Dropbox Sync and iTunes File Sharing for your own sounds.
- Audio copy/paste (General Pasteboard with import and export).
- WIST support for syncing with other iOS music apps.
- Audiobus support.
- Master Classes & Tutorials.
Intua has released an update to BeatMaker 2, adding AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in Beatmaker 2.4.3:
- Audiobus support – BeatMaker 2 can send to or receive audio from other apps
- Monitor, record, apply effects, tweak input volume, apply noise gate from apps connected to Audiobus
- Audio tracks are created automatically when connecting new apps or starting a new project
- Control the sequencer and instrument sample recorder from another app with the Audiobus connection panel
- Virtual MIDI input apps are not active by default, only controllers are
- .midi files are now recognized
- ZIP files transferred via FTP or DropBox are now unzipped automatically
- Improvements of MIDI output timestamps
Developer 4Pockets has updated Aurora Sound Studio HD, its Tenori On style music sequencer for the iPad.
New in version 1.5, Aurora Sound Studio HD gets support for AudioBus.
- 14 Instrument tracks
- 12 Notes polyphony per track
- 4 Independent Engines – Drum Machine, Analog Synth, Pad Synth and Sampler
- 32 Patterns per song
- Chain up to 199 Patterns in Song mode
- 3 Effect sends per track.
- 9 Effects including ? Delay, Reverb, Chorus etc
- Allows creation of custom instrument patches.
- Layer Automation
- XY Mode
- Splice and Dice Audio with Atomizer Mode
- Inbuilt Sample Recording
- Export Songs as WAV and AAC
Aurora Sound Studio HD is available in the App Store for $39.99.
Yamaha has introduced Mobile Music Sequencer - a new software sequencer for the iPad.
Mobile Music Sequencer is designed around a three-stage concept:
Step 1-Create phrases - You can choose from a selection of 382 preset phrases. It is also possible to use real-time recordings made using the keyboard within an application, or user phrases which have been created using piano roll input.
Step 2-Create sections - Combine multiple phrases together to create a section. Phrases are arranged in a vertical block and playback is turned on and off using the Section button at the bottom of the screen. The phrases can be managed as a single unit.
Step 3-Create Songs - Put together complete songs by pasting together sections. This is accomplished by touching the Section area and then just dragging and dropping sections into the data area.