iZotope has released Iris 2, a sample-based synthesizer that they say combines ‘the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering’.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Flexible new modulation system – Iris 2’s modulation system was rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulated—using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls—with a single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- New patches – The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of new patches, plus an 11 GB sample library. The sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms – Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
- Redesigned interface and experience
- Extensive visualizations and metering – Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from Insight metering suite is included in the master section.
- Enhanced effects and filters – including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
Here are the official intro videos for Iris 2: Continue reading