Reader Tim Webb, who blogs at his site discchord, did not waste any time in digging into iceGear’s new Cassini Synth for iPad and cranking out a video review.
Cassini offers 3 OSCs, 2 Filters, AMP, 9 EGs, 6 LFOs, 3 band EQ, Saturator, 2 Delays and an Arpeggiator.
“I managed to pry myself away from Cassini just long enough to record a video review!” says Webb. He calls Cassini an ‘impressive synth’.
Check out the video review, watch out for subliminal images in the review that can’t be unseen, and – if you’ve tried Cassini yourself, let us know what you think of it, too!
Steinberg has released Padshop Pro – a granular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Padshop Pro is an enhanced version of Steinberg?s VST granular synthesizer and is designed to ‘fit the requirements of professional sound designers and skilled creatives’.
- Advanced granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers and individual oscillator, edit and FX sections
- Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for impressively rich and spacious structures
- Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility
- More than 400 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures
- SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility
- 12 different high-quality filter types for each layer
- Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
- Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide
- FX Section with high-class modulation and delay effects
- NEW: VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support
Features unique to the ‘Pro’ version:
- Sample import via drag-and-drop for advanced sound design projects and custom presets
- 3-band parametric EQ per layer for clarity and smoothness in the mix
- Algorithmic reverb to enrich your sound with fullness and athmosphere
- 50 new presets with athmospheric pads and evolving sounds
Tek?it Audio has released Genobazz Pro, a ‘pro’ version of their monophonic synthesizer plug-in for Windows:
Genobazz Pro is designed to be as simple to use than Genobazz but with more control over your sound, better filters and a more effective modulation system to create a new range of sound for your music.
Here’s a set of audio previews for Genobazz Pro:
This a sneak preview of Retronyms’ Drum Deranger for the Miselu Neiro – a x0x style drum machine application:
While the Neiro screen and hardware integration look interesting, the benefits of this vs using a more general and relatively inexpensive tablet like the iPad remain to be seen.
iPad Music Software: Yamaha has introduced Synth Art & Drum Pad – a new virtual studio app for the iPad.
Synth Arp & Drum Pad is an iPad app with arpeggiator and drum pad that lets you play a built-in synthesizer or any connected MIDI device and produce music with phrases having ‘an abundant variety of musical styles’.
BeepStreet, maker of the iOS synth Sunrizer, has announced Impakton – a new app designed to turn any surface into a playable percussive instrument.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
You just slap your desk like a real drum, the transient acoustic signal is fed into the physical modeling engine and turned into the desired sound. That makes Impakton an extremely expressive instrument. Drop a coin on the desk, select any of the membramophones presets and you will hear the sound of the coin dancing on a membrane.
Here are audio previews for Impaktion: