In the latest episode of Sonic Lab, host Nick Batt talks with GForce Software’s Dave Spiers about their new virtual ARP Odyssey synthesizer, Oddity2.
According to GForce, Oddity2 “transports the spirit of the original into a new dimension.” Continue reading
Taika Systems has introduced Photophore – a unique instrument that brings ‘flock synthesis’ to the iPad’.
Photophore uses ‘flocks’ of up to 100 sound generators to create rich, organic synthesizer sounds. By controlling the behavior of the flocks, you can make Photophore sound like a choir of synthesizers or, at more extreme settings, a swarm of angry insects.
This video, via Time+Space, is a sneak preview of Rob Papen’s latest software synth for Mac & Windows, RAW. Continue reading
Scottish based SkoogMusic has introduced Mogo – a new software synth that’s tailored to being played with the company’s Skoog accessible wireless MIDI controller.
Mogo is Skoogmusic’s latest software-synth creation, designed to give musicians the opportunity to explore sound using the tactile sensing capabilities of Skoog 2.0. It has fully assignable filters, envelopes, stereo multi-effects, a multi-stage arpeggiator, a built-in loop station; and can be used to manipulate any audio input for on-the-fly filtering and effects processing.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading
iZotope has released Iris 2, a sample-based synthesizer that they say combines ‘the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering’.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Flexible new modulation system – Iris 2’s modulation system was rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulated—using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls—with a single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- New patches – The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of new patches, plus an 11 GB sample library. The sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms – Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
- Redesigned interface and experience
- Extensive visualizations and metering – Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from Insight metering suite is included in the master section.
- Enhanced effects and filters – including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
Here are the official intro videos for Iris 2: Continue reading
G-Stomper VA-Beast is a polyphonic virtual analog Synthesizer that the developer describes as “the closest thing to a real analog synthesizer on your fingertips”.
Here’s a video demo of VA-Beast in Action: Continue reading
Synth designer Rob Papen has released a couple of video sneak previews of his upcoming RAW synthesizer. Continue reading
Pioneering synth designer Wolfgang Palm has released two video sneak previews of PPG WaveMapper 2 – for Mac and Windows.
PPG WaveMapper 2 was originally released for the iPad, and is one of the most highly-rated synths in the App Store.
Palm calls WaveMapper 2 ‘the best PPG ever’. Continue reading