Developer Urs Heckmann has announced that Bazille 1.0 – a modular software synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows (VST2, AU & AAX formats – 32bit & 64bit) – is now available.
Bazille is described as ‘a monster hybrid modular’, with digital oscillators combined with analogue-style filters and realistic effects.
Here’s the official intro video: Continue reading
Xfer Records has introduced Serum – described as an ‘advanced wavetable synthesizer’ for Windows and Mac.
Xfer Records says:
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with low aliasing / high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface, the ability to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these tables further in real-time.
So Serum was created.
Here’s a video preview of the sound of Serum: Continue reading
apeSoft has updated iVCS3 – its software EMS VCS3, adding iOS 8 support, MIDIBus support, Audiobus 2.1 support and more. Continue reading
Wooji Juice has updated Mitosynth for iOS, increasing the flexibility of the step sequencer, adding automation features, expanding MIDI functionality, adding iOS 8 support and more.
Here’s what’s new in Wooji Juice 1.2:
- Step Sequencer automation feature, supporting blend curves and sustain
- Pitch Tracking and Note Tracking automation modes
- MIDI Program Change & Patch Bank mapping
- MIDI Polyphonic Aftertouch support
- XY Pads highlight where they were last touched
- iPhone users can now flip Performance Mode between XY pads, tempo controls, master gain control, and IAA Transport Control (where available)
- 20 new built-in patches
- Latest Audiobus SDK
Roland today announced the SH-2 Plug-Out Software Synthesizer – a recreation of the classic SH-2 synthesizer from 1979.
The Roland SH-2 is a classic 2-oscillator plus sub-oscillator monosynth. The SH-2 Plug-Out software synth is a recreation of the vintage keyboard, based on Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior technology. Continue reading
Native Instruments has announced Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, the latest versions of their production suites for Mac & Windows.
Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate include six new instruments:
- Rounds – a new synth that combines digital and virtual analog engines
- Kontour – Native says that this instrument “allows you to create stunningly organic textures, going from mallets to plucked and bowed strings to distorted, aggressive and noisy sounds”.
- Polyplex – described as “a fast, fun way to design your own drum kits”
- Three new sampled pianos that make up The Definitive Piano Collection.
Franke Music has updated Stroke Machine groove synthesizer for iPad to version Version 2.
Here’s what’s new: Continue reading
Tera Synth – a modular virtual analog software synth for iPad – is now available.
Here”s what developer VirSyn has to say about Tera Synth:
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading