AIR Music Technology has expanded their virtual instrument offerings with Vacuum Pro Polyphonic Analog Tube Synthesizer and Loom Modular Additive Synthesizer:
- Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic ‘analog tube’ synthesizer.
- Loom is a new modular additive synthesizer.
Here are the details. Continue reading
Tonebytes has released Harmonaut, a software synth for Windows that they describe as a free ad-support synth.
Harmonaut is a simple VST instrument that implements an additive synthesis with four waveform types and 32 harmonics that can be simple drawn with the mouse. In the same way can be adjusted the attack, decay, sustain and release for each harmonic. Additional timbre adjustments are made using LP/HP filter, LFO and chorus.
Here’s a demo of Harmonaut in action: Continue reading
apeSoft has released Stria – described as a ‘Multilevel Interactive Sound Synthesizer’ for iOS.
“Stria is the title of a very important composition by John Chowning,” notes the developer, “This computer music piece rapresents the manifest of Frequency Modulation technique applied to audio synthesis, invented by Mr. Chowning himself.” Continue reading
Developer Mark Carlotto has updated xMod, an FM synthesizer for iPad, adding AudioBus support, CoreMIDI, background audio and more.
Here’s what’s new in xMod 1.3:
- Better sound quality and effects!
- Audiobus compatible
- Core MIDI compatible – Sends AND receives MIDI including program (sound patch) information
- Now runs in background mode
- Fixed file management – can now delete files within app.
The xMod sound engine is a polyphonic triple-oscillator cross-modulated FM synthesizer. According to Carlotto, ‘the complexity of programming FM synthesizers is solved in xMod.”
xMod is available for US $4.99 in the App Store.
XILS-Lab has introduced XILS V+, a new software synth that offers a ‘vintage’ 10 band vocoder, ‘Supreme Top Octave Divider’ based Strings and Human Voices and layering of these three elements.
Here’s what they have to say about XILS V+: Continue reading
Devo has released its software synth & robot avatar maker app for iOS, DevoBots.
DevoBots is not designed to be a deep synth, but more of an entertainment app for fans.
- Play with DEVO competition. Create a track to be featured by DEVO in an up coming release or promo.
- Hi Resolution Retina screen interface
- 2 in 1 app, DEVO Synthesizer and DEVO Robot assembly Kit
- Original DEVO music loops from the 1980′s
- Create and manipulate music in realtime using DevoBot effects pad
- Sample your own sounds and music with the onboard sampler
- Use the camera to turn your friends and family into DevoBots
- Share your designs easily with friends online
Here’s their official promo video: Continue reading