Nick & Gaz are back for another episode of Sonic Touch, their video series that looks at mobile music making tools.
In this episode, they take a look at:
- MIDI Designer Pro
- Grain Science
via Sonic State
This is a video review of the new Korg microStation music workstation, via Sonic State, where you can read their full write-up.
Korg microStation Features:
- Lightweight, compact, and equipped with 61 mini-keys.
- EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated) sound engine.
- Enjoy 512 user programs (480 preloaded) and 384 user combinations (256 preloaded) as well as GM2 compatible preset programs and drum kits.
- 61-key Natural Touch Mini Keyboard
- 16-track sequencer records up to 128 songs and 210,000 notes.
- Template songs, Loop Recording, Grid Sequencing, Dual Arpeggiators, and Auto Song Setup.
- USB Type-B connector offers a direct MIDI computer connection.
- SD/SDHC card slot for convenient data storage.
- Includes both stand-alone and plug-in microSTATION software for detailed sound editing on your computer; plug-in software is VST, AU, and RTAS compatible.
The Korg microStation retails for about $600.
This video, via sonicstate, offers an overview and presentation by Cakewalk’s Brandon Ryan of the new Sonar X1 with Skylight, ProChannel and other features.