Steinberg has introduced Cubase IC Pro – an iOS app that they call the ‘most advanced Cubase remote control app’.
Here’s what they have to say about Cubase IC Pro:
Connecting deeper to Cubase than any other app, Cubase iC Pro is the most advanced Cubase control app with a clear focus on recording, making it your very personal recording assistant. The project overview page and the mixer allow you to see your project as you know it from Cubase, while the key command page gives you a powerful tool to set up your most-used keyboard shortcuts and macros. Up to four dedicated cue mixes can be set up with Cubase iC Pro, giving musicians the freedom to adjust their own mix with a iPhone or iPad. Cubase iC Pro is Cubase?s perfect companion!
Nektar, the company known for the Panorama P4 and P6 USB controller keyboards for Propellerhead’s Reason, have announced Panorama integration with Steinberg’s DAW Cubase.
Here’s what they have to say about it: Continue reading
Audio interface manufacturer Focusrite has announced its new Scarlett Studio home studio kit, which includes all the gear required to record musical tracks, including a fully-featured music software suite that works with both the Mac or PC.
Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: A two-in, two-out USB 2.0 audio interface that features a pair of Focusrite preamps. Scarlett 2i2 offers 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A conversion, plus analogue and digital circuit design from input to output “to ensure pristine audio quality throughout.”
Scarlett Studio CM25 Microphone: This tailored large-diaphragm electret condenser microphone captures sound from a wide range of sources sources, from vocals to violins to guitar amps, thanks to its cardioid pickup pattern and frequency response of 30Hz to 20kHz. A 3m XLR-XLR microphone cable is also included.
Scarlett Studio HP60 Headphones: Large drivers and a closed-back design allow you to monitor mixes accurately and overdub vocals and instruments with minimum spill. Frequency response of 10Hz to 30kHz.
Scarlett Studio Software Suite: Focusrite has teamed up with Steinberg to include Cubase LE 6 music production software. Record up to 16 tracks of audio and 24 tracks of MIDI, and run VST audio instruments and effects, such as the compressor, reverb, gate and EQ processors included in the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in bundle. Novation’s Bass Station soft synth is also included, as well as over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Steinberg has released Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7, the latest versions of its music production system.
Here are the key features of each version:
- 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- Composing, editing and mixing features with unparalleled multitrack editing and quantizing, take comping and automation tools
- MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,800 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
- Complete suite of 66 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
- Chord Track for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
- Music notation and score printing
- MediaBay file and preset management system
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows 7/8 and OS X 10.7/10.8
Today, Steinberg announced Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7.
Highlights of Cubase 7:
- The all-new MixConsole stars with brilliant mixing capabilities that give you plenty of workflow improvements
- Integrated channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- New Chord Track with intelligent composing assistance
- VariAudio 2.0 with harmonizer capabilities and multi-part editing
- VST Connect SE for recording over the net
- All this together with the full version of Voxengo’s acclaimed CurveEQ, the brand-new Remote Control Editor, Hermode tuning, more instrument content and an array of real-world workflow enhancements make Cubase the producer’s choice.
Steinberg released Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 at the 2011 NAMM Show.
The latest incarnation of the Cubase music production system offers an new tools, instruments and effects, and a new approach to composing with MIDI and VST.
?The sixth version marks a significant release for Cubase,? says Steinberg’s Helge Vogt. ?It looks better, feels better and works easier than ever before.”
Here are the details. Continue reading