Steinberg has released VST Connect Pro, a remote recording solution for Cubase 7 users.
VST Connect Pro allows you to record in real time through the internet and local area networks. It transmits stereo recordings on the fly, but also records up to 16 high-resolution audio tracks in the background.
To establish a peer-to-peer connection the VST Connect Performer download is freely available on the client side.
Steinberg is also introducing Studio Pass, the free iOS app for VST Connect soon to be available through the App Store on iTunes, letting users dial into the recording session with an iPhone or iPad.
Here’s the official intro video: Continue reading
Steinberg has updated Cubasis – its mobile DAW for iPad – to version 1.6, introducing an improved audio engine and more.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 1.6:
- New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
- Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project’s sample rate and bit depth.
- Up to 24 assignable physical audio outputs
- Assignable metronome output and pan
- MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
- Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
Steinberg has released Granular Symphonies, an expansion pack for Padshop/Padshop Pro, created by the acclaimed composer and sound designer Simon Stockhausen.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
With beautifully intricate textures, pads and leads, Granular Symphonies spans 2 GB of exquisite content, featuring instrumental and vocal samples recorded and edited by the man himself plus 260 supplementary presets.
Simon Stockhausen said he hopes that “this library will inspire many composers around the world and expand their sonic palette to paint beautiful, haunting, wondrous and enchanting musical pictures.”
Steinberg has announced that it will no longer continue to develop and maintain the VST 2 software interface.
Steinberg’s host applications, such as Cubase, Nuendo and WaveLab, will continue to support VST 2, but the SDK for VST 2 will be made unavailable by the end of this year. Continue reading
Steinberg has released an update to Cubasis, its mobile DAW for iOS, adding a new software synthesizer and more.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 1.5:
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer incl. 50 factory presets
- 16 Allen Morgan Signature drum kits incl. 80 MIDI loops
- Open/close hi-hat problem solved
- Instrument track freeze for internal instruments
- Instrument rack to load and edit Cubasis’ instruments
- Modulation wheel support for Micrologue synth
Here’s an unofficial demo for Micrologue: Continue reading
Steinberg has updated LoopMash HD, its virtual instrument for iPad, adding AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in LoopMash 1.2.0:
- Audiobus support
- In-App Store Improvements
Nektar has announced that they are now shipping the Panorama P1 controller, introduced at the 2013 NAMM Show.
The Panorama P1 is a compact control surface with 66 real-time controls, a color high-resolution TFT display and deep integration with Cubase, Nuendo and Reason. Continue reading
Musikmesse 2013: Steinberg has introduced WaveLab 8, the latest version of its mastering solution, with 150+ new features
- Speaker management system, featuring management of up to eight loudspeaker setups with zero latency
- Advanced EBU-compliant loudness metering and processing, including measurement in EBU R128 loudness scale and dedicated loudness graph
- Mastering-grade tools and plug-ins, featuring iZotope MBIT+TM high-end master dither, Voxengo CurveEQ, Steinberg Brickwall Limiter and TubeCompressor
- Improved user interface: Master Transport Panel and single-window plug-in management for quick and easy project navigation and plug-in handing
- 150+ professional editing and workflow features, including auto-replay function, SuperClip concept, meta-data support and user interface enhancements