Synthetic Bits has updated Little MIDI Machine, its software step sequencer for iOS, adding modular sequencing power, plus Virtual MIDI support.
Little MIDI Machine is designed to give you the step sequencing power of a hardware analog sequencer on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. It lets you program two independent sequencers that send note and velocity MIDI data out on two MIDI channels to control your synthesizers.
Here’s what’s new in Little MIDI Machine 3:
- Virtual MIDI and background audio support, so you can sequence other synth apps
- Two sequences for iPhone/Touch version
- MIDI input support, enter sequence notes or transpose on the fly
- New supersequence feature lets you create 64 step sequences
- Sequence note length per step, just like pitch and velocity
- Un-link pitch, velocity and length parts so they run independently
- Improved MIDI routing and configuration
- Variable MIDI latency setting
- Footswitch start/stop
- OMAC fast switch support to quickly switch to other apps
- Option to clear sequence with random data
- Misc bug fixes and improvements