Synthesist Alba Ecstasy has released a new patch library for Sunrizer, 69 Trance Presets.
Here are the details:
69 patches for Sunrizer synthesizer for iPad (iPhone) TRANCE style: plucks, leads, vibrating pads. 100% royalty free!
Here’s a preview of the patches included in 69 Trance Presets: Continue reading
BeepStreet has released an update to Sunrizer – its deep iPad software synthesizer.
The update adds a new filter, new presets, a new UI and support for microtuning. Sunrizer 3.0 even has its own gratuitously sexy 3D graphic for a software synth (above)!
Sunrizer was already one of the more powerful synths on iOS and the update opens up some interesting new capabilities. Here are the details: Continue reading
Here’s a demo + synth jam featuring the JamStik and a variety of iPad music software.
The JamStik is a portable guitar MIDI controller for iOS devices.
This cover of Daft Punk’s Get Lucky makes use of these apps: Continue reading
Here’s a sneak preview of the state of Audiobus – the upcoming audio routing tool for iOS.
In the demo, developer Sebastian Dittmann uses Audiobus to route audio from FunkBox and Sunrizer, through NLog Synth Pro and into Loopy HD, where it is recorded and looped.
Sunrizer – a virtual analog synthesizer for iOS – has been updated.
Here’s what’s new in Sunrizer 2.1:
- Updated with Retina graphics
- MIDI clock synchronization
- New filters: Wave shaper and Power BPF
- Virtual piano keyboard velocity simulation
- Configurable instrument tuning, audio latency and MIDI inputs
- Optimized performance
Sunrizer is $4.99 in the App Store.
This video captures an informal demonstration, by Sebastian Dittmann, of using the upcoming Audiobus app to route audio between iOS music apps.
In this case, Dittman uses Loopy HD to record and loop audio out of Sunrizer.
Developer Constantin Aliferis has released two free sound libraries for Sunrizer synth for the iPad:
- CFA Vintage Electronica Virtual Analogue provides vintage electronic sound patches.
- CFA Ambient & Sound Design provides evolving and ambient sounds as well as arpeggios.
To get the libraries:
- In Sunrizer, Open the patch library & select ‘Banks’;
- Select ‘Web Library’ and click on the bank names
Sunrizer is available in the App Store for $4.99. Details are available at the developer’s site.
via Constantin Aliferis
Reader Zac Bentz let us know about a couple of new albums released by his project The Electric Witch.
- Assassin is an album of dark synthpop originals with vocalist Marcus Matthews; and
- NEScapism is a collection of Nintendo covers. Bentz notes, “These are the songs that I would let play over and over, ignoring whatever might have been happening on-screen.”
On both albums, Bentz makes extensive use of iPad synths, including Animoog, DM1 and Sunrizer, along with some microKorg vocoding.
The albums are available now for $1 or more. You can stream them for free via the links above, and Bentz has released a free track for each album.
You can download a free track from Assassin, the title track, above.