Synthrotek has introduced the MST Eurorack Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter – a collaboration with synth pioneer George Mattson.
The MST Low Pass Filter is a precision analog dual-slope output 2 & 4 pole filter. It offers simultaneous -12 DB and -24 DB outputs, with CV control over all parameters. It can also be used as a 1V/O sine wave oscillator.
- Manual control of cutoff frequency
- Manual Control of Resonance (Q)
- 1V/O input for clean sine wave output
- CV Frequency input w/ attenuator
- Resonance CV input w/ attenuator
- Audio input
- Simultaneous -12 db and -24 db/octave outputs
Organizers have announced Denver Synth Meet – a synth meetup and electronic music event that they say should be ‘a fun day filled with blinky lights, patch cables, knobs and keys and friendly faces.’
Planned events for the March 14th event include:
- Synth DIY class by Synthrotek
- Manufacturer demos by WMD, Audio Damage, Grayscale, NIIO Analog & Soundtrack Loops
- Buy/Sell/Trade/Promote area
- Evening electronic music performances
Synthrotek has introduced the 308 Distortion Module – a RAT clone in Eurorack format that offers CV control over gain.
- 3 controls – Tone, Filter, and Drive – to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain.
- 4 Diode Settings – An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone – The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular – Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey’s Axis module.
Synthrotek has announced that it has released the DIRT filter – a module that allows for distortion, mangling, wave shaping and other caustic and filter like effects.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
DIRT is our new 4HP low-pass filter / effect for the Eurorack modular synth platform.
Inspired by one of our favorite ‘noisy’ filters, the DIRT is an unapologetic filter / effect that produces interesting and unique effects via the Bias knob, accessible from the front panel.
It’s not a traditional filter; it’s an effects module with filtering, ring mod effects, wave shaping and even outright brutal harmonic distortion.
DIRT likes to square things up a bit, so throw in a triangle, sawtooth, sine or other wave forms for different style effects. Even plugging a guitar (using an external amplification module) into the DIRT produces some great sounds and heavy distortion.
Synthrotek has introduced DIRT – a new 4HP low-pass filter / effect for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
Here’s what they have to say about it: Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the Voice of Saturn 5U Sequencer – a 10-step analog sequencer. The output control voltage and trigger signals can be used to control pitch, filters, drum triggers and an endless number of other parameters on other synths.
It is housed in a 5U panel with an optional hand-made hickory case.
- 10 steps, sequence can be shortened by connecting 1/8″ cable from step to reset jack
- Voltage Out from 0 to ~7.5V
- Gate out and S-Trigger out for older Moogs
- Clock input / output to connect multiple sequencers (for sync’ing, not extending sequence)
- Choose your power type: 9V jack/battery clip (power brick not included), Synthesizers.com, MOTM-4, MOTM-6, or Modcan
- Hold Switch pauses sequence, manually steps when clock is off 9V Battery or Power Supply (AC or DC 12V)
Here’s a video demo of the VOS Sequencer in action: Continue reading