Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
This video, via Nick Maynard of EXPLORING AUDIO, takes a look at using a Tascam Portastudio as sort of sample playback instrument. Continue reading
Tascam has introduced the UH-7000, a microphone preamp and audio interface, designed with an emphasis on low noise and high audio quality.
The UH-7000 can be used as a 4-in/4-out audio interface in a DAW production environment, and also as a standalone microphone preamp and A/D / D/A converter. Continue reading
Gibson Brands has announced today that it has entered into a letter of intent with Roland Corporation and Cakewalk for Gibson to acquire Cakewalk, makers of Sonar, Z3TA+ 2 and other music software.
Gibson Brands CEO Henry Juszkiewicz says that, as part of Gibson, Cakewalk will “enhance their flagship professional products, pursue provocative R&D initiatives, and continue to serve the needs of musicians and producers”.
Following the closing of the proposed acquisition, a new brand, TASCAM Professional Software, will be created to support, promote, and publish Cakewalk’s current and future professional products. The Cakewalk staff and headquarters will remain in Boston as an independent division.
Cakewalk shared these FAQ’s about the deal: Continue reading
At the 2012 NAMM Show, Tascam introduced the iU2 – a premium audio interface for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It includes all of the features of Tascam’s best-selling USB audio interfaces, including a pair of ‘great-sounding’ microphone inputs.
The XLR inputs have phantom power for use with high-quality condenser microphones. These feed an onboard microphone preamp and A/D converter for better sound performance than those built into iPhone and iPad – true stereo recording with low noise and less tendency to distort. The inputs also accept line-level signals or you can plug a guitar or bass directly into your device.
In addition to compatibility with iOS devices, the iU2 also works with Mac and Windows computers. A zero-latency monitoring path enables musicians to hear themselves directly through the unit, without any distracting delay. MIDI in and out are provided to interface with synths and drum machines, and a digital output connects to digital mixers or recorders.
At the 2012 NAMM Show, Tascam introduced the DP-24 is a 24-track Digital Portastudio with solid-state recording, a color LCD and channel strip controls to make recording simple so you stay creative.
Up to eight tracks can be recorded at a time through its combination XLR and ¼” combo jacks. Input processing like compression and limiting are available during recording, as well as guitar amp simulation and multi-effects for use with the instrument-level input.
Once recorded, tracks can be viewed and mixed on the large colour LCD and dedicated mixing controls, such as nineteen linear faders and a dozen channel strip encoders.
Two Mixdown effects including reverb and chorus are also available, as well as a mastering effect. Once finished, songs can be transferred to computer over USB or written to CD with the built-in CD-RW drive.
TASCAM has introduced the iXZ Interface – a pocket sized Mic/Instrument input for mobile music making.
The iXZ supplies phantom power for condenser microphones and input setting sets the gain. There is also a headphone output to monitor from your iOS device.
- Switchable mic/line input
- Phantom power
- Gain control
- 1/8” headphone output
- XLR mic input
- High-impedence guitar input
- Mic input powered by two AA batteries
- Non-powered guitar input
At the 2011 NAMM Show, Tascam announced the new DP-03 8-track Digital Portastudio.
- 8-track Digital Portastudio with CD Burner
- Records to SD/SDHC Card media
- Import audio tracks from CD
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- 1/4″ stereo line inputs
- Switchable instrument-level input for guitar/bass direct recording
- Multi-band mastering effects
- 2-band EQ per track
- Internal reverb processor with dedicated send per track
- Chromatic Tuner and Metronome
- Track editing, autopunch and bounce features
- Optional RC-3F footswitch offers three switches for punch-in and transport operation
- Compact and lightweight