Made by the people behind touchAble, d(- -)b’s modular approach lets the app adapt to the user, not the other way around. You can choose from pre-installed templates or create your own interface with up to 6 decks – on one or several pages. Continue reading
In the latest episode of Sonic Touch, via sonicstate, Gaz focusses on controlling Ableton Live, using Liine’s Griid and Touchable. Nick takes a look at Caustic 2 for Android.
The developers of touchAble – an Ableton Live controller app for the iPad – have released version 1.2, adding a smart XY pad and improving performance.
The new 1.2 version include an Advanced multi dots XY pad with:
- Up to 4 Dots at once – each with their own X, Y & Z Parameters.
- Choose the dots X, Y & Z Parameters from All of Lives Mixer & Device.
- Easy parameter assignments through the config menu.
- Set direction & force of gravity and bouncing mode individually for each dot.
- Record the dots movements – loop, reverse or cut them till they fit your needs.
- Play them back as automations – quantized and in complete sync with Ableton Live.
- Save automations and parameter assignments to the database within touchAble and exchange them with other iPads and Users via iTunes.
- Save snapshots of the dots positions:
- Hold, Stop & Morphing mode
- Set morphing length & which of the are dots affected by snapshots.
This is a preview of the new X/Y Pad in touchAble 1.2, an upcoming release of the iPad Ableton Live control surface.
touchAble is an iPad app designed to give Ableton Live users full control over their digital audio workstation, without the process of manual midi-mapping.
TouchAble XY Pad is a new 6th module, included in touchAble 1.2 update among many new features and improvements. Others modules are Clips grid, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, and a transport and clip dedicated sections. Continue reading
Kapture Pad extends Ableton Live’s capabilities by allowing you to take snapshots of all mixer and device parameters in your set and recall them instantly. The inclusion of snapshot morphing makes Kapture Pad not only a live performance utility but also a sound design tool. Kapture Pad is based on software originally created for Richie Hawtin’s Plastikman Live show. Continue reading