zerodebug has introduced midimux for iOS – a new app that talks MIDI to your Mac, using the standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux is the first of a planned pair of apps, with audiomux following, that promise to route both midi and audio over your device’s USB cable.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the computer on the connected iOS devices.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the iOS devices on the Mac.
- Lets you create custom virtual Ports that can be used by both sides of the connection to communicate.
- does it all via a wired usb connection – using the standard charge & sync cable.
- works on all iDevices from iOS 5.
2015 NAMM Show: Expert Sleepers has announced the FH-1 ‘faderHost’ – a new Eurorack module that lets you directly connect USB MIDI controllers to your modular synthesizer.
This lets you use standard MIDI controllers, iPads and more to directly control your modular synth, with a total of 8 outputs.
In addition, the FH-1 also offers:
- LFOs on each output
- Step sequencers
- Polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion and more.
Mobile Only has introduced zMors modular – a new modular synthesizer for iPad.
Zmors lets you create patches using a variety of modules, but also lets you connect hardware gear with up to 8 USB outputs, for audio and/or control voltages.
- 64 bit support
- send up to 8 audio/cv to your modular synth via USB Audio
- 32bit float audio engine with up to 16x oversampling
- InterAppAudio up to 96K
- Midi input
- very low Storage usage
- skinning with custom background images
Here’s a video intro: Continue reading
The IK Multimedia iRig Pads USB Pad Controller is featured on the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. Continue reading
Novation has introduced Audiohub 2×4, an audio interface & USB ‘electronic music production hub’.
The Novation Audiohub 2×4 is a combined audio interface and USB hub that lets you connect and power all your USB gear at once, while getting low latency audio and ‘super loud’ output. Continue reading
TEC has introduced the TEControl USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller – a MIDI wind controller that they say ‘enables musicians and composers to achieve outstanding realism in their performance when using computer-based virtual instruments.”
With a bite sensor integrated in the mouthpiece sensing lip bite force in addition to breath pressure, it is possible to control any two parameters of your virtual instrument, for example expression/vibrato or expression/pitch. Continue reading
Ad the 2014 NAMM Show, M-Audio introduced the M-Track Eight, an eight- channel, 24-bit USB audio interface designed for expanded recording capabilities with a low-noise signal path, 111 dB SNR, and zero-latency monitoring. Continue reading
At the 2014 NAMM Show, Alesis is introducing the Multimix 4 USB FX Mixer, a 4-channel mixer with effects and USB audio interface. Continue reading