IK Multimedia has introduced iGrand Piano for the iPad – a new virtual piano app that they say ‘stands up to the most powerful virtual instruments available on a computer’.
- 8 multi-velocity stereo grand and upright piano instruments (including one by registering)
- Expandable library of 9 additional studio-grade instruments available via in-app purchase
- Intuitive instrument edit controls including ambience, lid, brightness, release, tuning and transpose
- Included MIDI Recorder with overdub and punch-in capability
- Export performances via E-mail, File Sharing and Audio Copy
- Large visual metronome with variable click volume and adjustable tempo
- Easy-to-use instrument editor with transpose to adjust ambience, tonality and tuning
- Virtual MIDI and MIDI Program Change support
- Low-latency for real-time playing
- Designed in concert with iRig KEYS portable MIDI keyboard and iRig MIDI interface
- Free version also available
Here’s a demo of iGrand Piano in action:
Native Instruments has introduced True Strike Tension, a new Kore Soundpack with percussion sounds designed to add mystery and tension to cinematic film scores and similar musical styles.
True Strike Tension is built on sample material that has been carefully selected from ProjectSAM’s acclaimed True Strike 2 library. It draws upon various percussion instruments from Africa, Japan and the Middle East, including the Kenkeni, Darabuka, Bendir, Okedo-Daiko and others.
All sounds in True Strike Tension are designed to add suspense, tension and emphasis, with a special focus on Hollywood-style film scoring.
The sound shaping and preset morphing features in Kore 2 and Kore Player let you adjust and animate all sounds in True Strike Tension to make them better fit the dramatic requirements of any scene.
True Strike Tension is available for download purchase in the NI Online Shop for a suggested retail price of $79/?69.
Audio demos are available at the NI site.