Variety of Sound has released a free VST for WIndows, SlickHDR - a Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor which:
- balances the perceived global vs. local micro dynamics of any incoming audio.
- creates a rich in contrast, detailed and clearly perceived image which translates way better across different listening environments.
- provides a convenient workflow by simply adjusting three dynamic processors to show a roughly same load.
- offers further and detailed control about overall tone and release time behavior.
SlickHDR is a freeware VST audio plug-in for Windows x32. You can download a copy at the Variety of Sound site.
If you give SlickHDR a try, let us know what you think of it!
Abeem Live Technologies has released Rack Performer 1.0 - a modular environment hosting VST plugins and internal modules (over 100 and counting), with MIDI support, multi-channel audio I/O and internal processing, automatic patch-delay compensation, sample accurate sequencing, low jitter and latency.
Rack Performer lets you create custom patches using internal modules and VSTs that can be saved and recalled. Up to 32 inputs and outputs are supported for audio and up to 128 inputs and outputs are supported for MIDI. Continue reading
Sonic Charge has released Cyclone, a complete Yamaha TX16W sampler emulator in VST and Audio Unit formats.
Heres what they have to say about it: Continue reading
Sound Guru has introduced The Mangle, a new granular synth/sampler plugin for Mac OS X (WIndows version planned).
- Animated granular display - Visualize your grain stream. Individual grains move across the waveform in real time. Amplitude, pitch and envelope are also represented.
- Drag & drop modulation - Creating new modulations is easy – just drag the modulator to its target, then set the amount with in-place markers showing changes.
- Resizable vector interface - The Mangle’s interface is rendered dynamically as vectors – resize it with no loss in quality. Handy for live performance.
- Dual sequencers - The Mangle is also great for making rhythmic patterns. A pair of sequencers can be used to modulate any parameter.
- Multiband waveform display - Quickly and easily see where high, mid and low frequencies are in your audio, for clearer sound setup and tweaking.
- Multi-timbral - Each instance of the plugin has 8 full ‘slots’ each with their own audio & parameters. Map them to any MIDI range for multi-timbral patches.
Here’s a demo of The Mangle in action: Continue reading
Steinberg has released a new free software synth for iOS, Nanologue.
Here’s what they have to say about Nanologue:
Nanologue boasts a wide scope of inspiring sounds and professional sound effects, sporting a straightforward multi-touch interface and a great-sounding monophonic synthesizer.
Used stand-alone and in connection with your iOS host application via Inter-App Audio, Nanologue brings the power of VST 3 technology to the iOS platform.
Nanologue is a free download from the App Store. Continue reading
This video, via PPGWavegenerator, is a sneak preview of the upcoming PPG WaveGenerator VST for PC. Continue reading
Steinberg has released VST Connect Pro, a remote recording solution for Cubase 7 users.
VST Connect Pro allows you to record in real time through the internet and local area networks. It transmits stereo recordings on the fly, but also records up to 16 high-resolution audio tracks in the background.
To establish a peer-to-peer connection the VST Connect Performer download is freely available on the client side.
Steinberg is also introducing Studio Pass, the free iOS app for VST Connect soon to be available through the App Store on iTunes, letting users dial into the recording session with an iPhone or iPad.
Here’s the official intro video: Continue reading
Blue Cat Audio has introduced PatchWork, a new plug-in that they describe as a ‘universal plug-ins patchbay’.
With this plug-in, you can build your own channel strips and effect chains, save them as presets and share them between your DAWs.
Here’s what they have to say about PatchWork:
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format.
Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST. Continue reading