Kilohearts has introduced Disperser – a new audio effect, for Mac & Windows, that lets you rotate the phases of your signal to create frequency sweeps.
According to the company, “Disperser smears high energy transients through space and time without modifying the gain of the sound. The result is a different take on transient shaping or, when used at extreme settings, an effect capable of shaping the sounds in ways you didn?t know you wanted to do.” Continue reading
Rob Papen has introduced RP-Dock - a free standalone host for Mac for any of Papen’s instrument and effects plugins.
RP-Dock is intended to be a tool for playing live or in the studio, when you want to play with synthesizers and effects but don’t need a full DAW. Continue reading
Nils Schneider has introduced Heat – a new virtual analog synthesizer for Android that also offers VST integration for Windows.
- Full-featured virtual analogue subtractive synthesizer, optimized for mobile devices
- Available as Demo and Pro version in the Google Play Store
- Full VST 2.3 integration for Windows x86 and x64
- Collaborative Preset Browser, store your delicious sounds online directly and share them with the community
- Browse through thousands of sounds created by other people around the world
- Design your sounds offline while on the way and use your sounds later in a VST-compatible sequencer of your choice
Here’s a demo of Heat in action: Continue reading
At the 2013 NAMM Show, WaveDNA launched Liquid Rhythm – a new drum and beat creation software instrument.
Liquid Rhythm combines music theory with unique visualizations to let you work with rhythm quickly and musically. Here are a few demo videos that give you an introduction to Liquid Rhythm: Continue reading
Glitchmachines has introduced Fragment – the first in a series of ‘Macropack’ sample packs that feature collaborations with software developers and sound designers.
Fragment features 300 sound effects by Ivo Ivanov, an exclusive plugin from Inear Display and a custom Lemur template from Antonio Blanca. Continue reading
If you’ve ever wanted to run Windows VST plugins on Mac OS X, check out Plugwire. Setup is a little complex, but details instructions are provided