Way Out Ware’s Jim Heintz has released a new version of SynthX, his software synth for iPad.
New in SynthX 2.0:
- Added support for the Ion All-Star Guitar.
- Added new scale and guitar tuning editors.
- Added the new “Solus” 2 oscillator per voice analog synth model. Optimizations and bug fixes.
SynthX is $4.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used SynthX, let us know what you think of it.
In this video, developer Jim Heintz (Way Out Ware) demos and explains his SynthX software synth for the iPad.
Heintz is also the creator of TimewARP 2600, KikAXXE and several other apps for desktop and iOS.
Way Out Ware’s Jim Heintz demonstrates his latest creation, SynthX, with a dual-iPad synth jam.
Just a little morning Jam in the music shed using SynthX for iPad.
In this video I have an iPad 1 and an iPad 2, both running SynthX for iPad from Way Out Ware.
SynthX is available in the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthx/id421498091?mt=8
iPad Music Software: Way Out Ware’s SynthX is generating a lot of buzz, because it’s from a developer with a strong track record and because it’s one of the few iPad instruments that tries to push the envelope a bit.
Here’s what GearWire’s Len Sasso has to say about SynthX:
WayOutWare’s new SynthX delivers a surprisingly powerful and playable synth to your iPad. SynthX’s analog-modeled engine derives from KikAXXE, the company’s plug-in emulation of the classic ARP AXXE synth. The two synths can even exchange patches, and the KikAXXE factory banks are included with SynthX. (Some tweaks are necessary when exchanging your custom patches because SynthX has a few added features.)
SynthX is a great buy. For $9.99 you get a different performance perspective, a great sounding portable synth, and easy interconnectivity, should you choose to go that way. I highly recommend it.
Way Out Ware’s Jim Heintz demonstrates his recently released multitouch synthesizer for the iPad, SynthX.
If you’ve used SynthX, let us know what you think of it! Continue reading
Way Out Ware has introduced SynthX, a new software synthesizer for the iPad.
- Intuitive XY mode automatically makes every touch tuned to the selected scale;
- Grid mode where you explore harmonies in a fun new way;
- Keys mode that provides a standard piano keyboard;
- Large and professionally designed sound library.
- An effects chain including distortion, flanger, delay and limiter are included. Additionally, a separate identical effects chain is provided to process an external signal connected to the iPad’s audio input.
- Ccomprehensive MIDI implementation using CoreMIDI, including MIDI Note send and receive and MIDI Beat Clock LFO sync.
- Record your performances within SynthX
- Sonoma Wireworks AudioCopy support
SynthX was developed by Jim Heintz, who’s behind several well-respected software synths, including TimeWARP 2600.