New Label Architects + Heroes Records

Links to cool independent electronica bands...add links to your music, too!

New Label Architects + Heroes Records

Postby Asymmetrical Head » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 am

We launched the label in January 2011 and have been getting some pretty good traction coming our way. We are 3 individuals using our resources and experiences to make this label work and we are still learning. Unlike other labels, we don't limit ourselves to one particular sound or style. We like the idea of having each artist on our roster contribute their own style and we are liking the result thus far and so are our listeners.

We have 3 releases so far in the first quarter of the year and will continue with our release schedule in the middle of May.

Our first release "Architects + Heroes Vol. 1: Sampler" was our first non official release. We put it together for one of our friends that was featured in fashion week in Los Angeles for her to give away in her gift bags. The Sampler showcases the different styles of what's to come on the label.

The Summer of Flux - Radio Anthems for the Newly Disenfranchised is the labels first release. This release is a fusion of Jazz, Electronic, Shoegaze, etc. It is also on CD.

Asymmetrical Head - Forward Lateral EP is the precurser to his forth coming album "The Treehouse Symposium". The EP features 4 different mixes of the title track including a remix by Lucid Rhythms and by Asymmetrical Head's Tech House Alter Ego QUILIUQ.

for the rest of the year, we'll have releases by Asymmetrical Head, Burbank International, Neotropic, Kemek, and we'll round off the year with a compilation.

Along with our release schedule we've done some radio interviews, featured tracks on college radio, and a couple of live shows.

I hope you guys enjoy and feedback is always welcome.
Last edited by Asymmetrical Head on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asymmetrical Head

Re: New Label Architects + Heroes Records

Postby solipsism2 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm enjoying the sampler just now, sounds like a promising start to the label!
solipsism2

Postby jlewin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I added a BandcampAlbum embed button, so you can embed your albums in the forum if you want to.

It's a little trickier than our other embeds because of the way bandcamp is set up. Here's how you do it.

Get your album number from your Bandcamp album page.

Select Share, Other. Look at their code and get your album number. It will show up something like this:
bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/album=1868219966.

Copy the album number.

When you make a post in the forum, click the BandcampAlbum button and paste in your album number. It will look something like this:

Code: Select all
[BandcampAlbum]1868219966[/BandcampAlbum]

Here's how that would look when you preview it:

Let me know if you have any questions!
When I'm not in the forum, I'm listening to Electronic music, especially techno music.
jlewin
Site Admin

Postby Asymmetrical Head » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:35 pm

awesome j! thanks for the tip!
Asymmetrical Head

Return to Independent Electronic Music