25 Key MIDI controller

Discussions about computer music hardware, software, MIDI controllers and other hardware used for making music.

25 Key MIDI controller

Postby Lehsyrus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 am

Hey guys, what's up. I need a bit of advice.

I've been making house/club/trance for years now, all just for fun, though I've always been very limited to the DAW I am using at the time's plugins for my synth creation and tweaking of modular sounds. I recently purchased a new gaming laptop that is going to be quite powerful, and have decided I wanted to create my music a bit easier than just using DAW plugins. That being said, I have decide to invest in a 25-key MIDI controller. My only issue is, I need to find the most advanced controller for electronic music creation.

I am very much so interested in the Axiom and Oxygen series, however I also really like the SL25MKii. Can someone possibly assist me in making my decision? I'll mostly be using it for Arpeggio fills to be honest, though he ability to physically manipulate the sounds would be so mug easier than virtually.

Another question, not really meant for this section but I'll just ask, does anyone have electronic music theory book suggestions?
Lehsyrus

Re: 25 Key MIDI controller

Postby jlewin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Lehsyrus wrote:Hey guys, what's up. I need a bit of advice.

I've been making house/club/trance for years now, all just for fun, though I've always been very limited to the DAW I am using at the time's plugins for my synth creation and tweaking of modular sounds. I recently purchased a new gaming laptop that is going to be quite powerful, and have decided I wanted to create my music a bit easier than just using DAW plugins. That being said, I have decide to invest in a 25-key MIDI controller. My only issue is, I need to find the most advanced controller for electronic music creation.

I am very much so interested in the Axiom and Oxygen series, however I also really like the SL25MKii. Can someone possibly assist me in making my decision? I'll mostly be using it for Arpeggio fills to be honest, though he ability to physically manipulate the sounds would be so mug easier than virtually.

Another question, not really meant for this section but I'll just ask, does anyone have electronic music theory book suggestions?

What sort of electronic music book are you looking for?

The theory behind synthesis, electronics for music, dance music production.....?
When I'm not in the forum, I'm listening to Electronic music, especially techno music.
jlewin
Site Admin

Return to Computer Music Hardware/Software