There is a new physical modelling synthesiser on IOS.
Its name is Anckorage Spring and it simulates of a set of connected mass- spring, integrating non-linearities, fluid and static friction, mechanical limits, gravity and bouncing.
It is designed to be controlled by a continuous controller (like the Haken Continuum http://www.hakenaudio.com) but can be used with a regular keyboard or directly from the device screen or from other core midi apps. Of course a continuous controller will provide a much more accurate control of the model.
The mains ideas behind Anckorage Spring are :
• Being able to tweak real world parameter like Mass, Force, Gravity, etc. instead of tweaking usual electronic parameters,
• Not only try to mimic real world, but also allow very "unusual" things like modulating a Mass and changing the Gravity,
• Emphasis control and expression using the physical parameters,
• Open a new world of sound to experiment with....
• Have fun and enjoy playing music !
• Real physical modelling sound engine
• Fully editable physical model
• 88 200 Hz internal sampling rate
• Special Haken Continuum compliance
• Playable by any midi device
• Core midi base (therefore including virtual midi and network midi compliance)
• On device touch control
• Rich preset management
• Preset exchange mechanism (through iTunes Share)
• All parameters controllable by MIDI CC
• Audiobus compliant
It's free, and its available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=647714831&mt=8).
I hope you will have fun using it !