Any CZ fans?

Cheesy but cool, some synths like the CZ-1 surprisingly professional

Any CZ fans?

Postby j-san » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:40 pm

Any CZ fans?

I picked up a 101 and a cz1 dirt cheap. They rock! Especially the CZ1 - it sounds great with a little reverb.
j-san

CZ101

Postby elle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:27 pm

I have a CZ101 around someplace that I used to love. It has these dinky keys which make it really hard to play, but it could do basslines really well. If you throw an effects pedal on the output, it sounded great, too.

I used to want the whole Casio line-up, because everything else was way out of reach. They had a drum machine called the RZ, which also sampled, and I think they even had a sequencer.

Probably all in closets now, like mine!
elle

Postby tlom » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:12 am

Though not a CZ fan, a fan of CASIo keyboards... :)
tlom

Postby jlewin » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:59 am

tlom wrote:Though not a CZ fan, a fan of CASIo keyboards... :)

Which ones? The CZ's are old, but they can make a lot of great noises!
jlewin
Site Admin

Postby tlom » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:42 am

The CTK series :-)
tlom

Postby mdp8889 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Ive got a CZ 3000 and love it, the keyboard spit works great. I just wish it had ability to make more types of sounds, but it still is very good.
Check out some tunes and if you like em, download them free.
myspace.com/kiddiekhem
mdp8889

Postby jlewin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:41 am

mdp8889 wrote:Ive got a CZ 3000 and love it, the keyboard spit works great. I just wish it had ability to make more types of sounds, but it still is very good.

Spend some time learning to program it.

CZ's can be great for bass sounds, pads, cheesy 80's leads & discordant noises.
When I'm not in the forum, I'm listening to Electronic music, especially techno music.
jlewin
Site Admin

Re: Any CZ fans?

Postby negativ » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 pm

I have a CZ-1, and I've got and unbelievable BoC style patch. If there's one thing that sells the synth, I think its the programmable vibrato.
negativ

Postby jlewin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm

negativ wrote:I have a CZ-1, and I've got and unbelievable BoC style patch. If there's one thing that sells the synth, I think its the programmable vibrato.

I'd like to hear that!
When I'm not in the forum, I'm listening to Electronic music, especially techno music.
jlewin
Site Admin

Postby jacques » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 am

I used to have a CZ-100 and it was a beautiful little synthesizer. It had a great piano sound on it.

Wish I'd kept it now!
jacques

Postby dusbal » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

thanks for all the information guys

iklan gratis
situs jual beli
forum
indonesia community
dusbal

Postby briandc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm

YES!!! :)

I started out with a CZ-1000 back in about 1985. I thought it was "unprofessional," but then a friend showed me some AMAZING sounds he made with his CZ-101. It made me realize that the CZ is indeed a true synth, not a toy, capable to making some serious sounds.

I regret having sold it years ago. However, I was recently able to recreate one of the sounds my friend made, which emulates trickling water. I did it using amSynth for linux (I only use linux now). You can hear what this trickling water patch was like (I got pretty close) by clicking on the audio demo called "Mr. Tom" that I dedicated to my friend, here:

http://amsynth.com/amSynthDemos.html

I've never seen anyone (not even on YouTube) emulate this type of sound. He also created an emulation of the synth intro to "Baba O'Reilly" by The Who. And a helicopter patch that was totally on another level than the cheezy stuff I had thought was the best the CZ could do.

AMAZING synth! -Wish they'd put out a new version!

brian
Hot-rod your PC: use linux!

Native linux synthesizers
briandc

Postby ununseptium » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 am

Since the late 80's I've very slowly been working my way up the CZ food chain, from a CZ1000 to my current CZ5000. I'm still holding out to someday get a CZ1, but then I might miss the inscrutable sequencer. If you spend long enough poking around at those big buttons and squinting into that tiny LCD you can coax some really interesting timbre out of this ancient beast. Here's a track I made recently using nothing but the CZ5000 and a bit of reverb/delay.
http://soundcloud.com/ununseptium_annex/orobus
ununseptium

Postby briandc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am

ununseptium wrote:Since the late 80's I've very slowly been working my way up the CZ food chain, from a CZ1000 to my current CZ5000. I'm still holding out to someday get a CZ1, but then I might miss the inscrutable sequencer. If you spend long enough poking around at those big buttons and squinting into that tiny LCD you can coax some really interesting timbre out of this ancient beast. Here's a track I made recently using nothing but the CZ5000 and a bit of reverb/delay.
http://soundcloud.com/ununseptium_annex/orobus

Nice track!!
I've been acquainting myself with some of the music from "Blade Runner," this seemed not far off. Definitely dreamy; the punches at approx. 1:50 are nice---
Even though I don't have my CZ-1000 anymore, I'd be curious to hear what settings you used on all the patches!

brian
Hot-rod your PC: use linux!

Native linux synthesizers
briandc

Postby ununseptium » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 am

Nice track!!
I've been acquainting myself with some of the music from "Blade Runner," this seemed not far off. Definitely dreamy; the punches at approx. 1:50 are nice---
Even though I don't have my CZ-1000 anymore, I'd be curious to hear what settings you used on all the patches!

brian

Thanks for the compliment. I'd like to provide you with all those settings but, to be honest, it would take forever to transcribe them all. Also, it'd be a pretty long and rather dull post! Maybe one of these days I'll hook up the CZ to a computer and save some of my patches instead of just writing over them when I need more memory space.
Cheers
ununseptium

Next

Return to Casio Synthesizer Forum