Doepfer Dark Energy + Yamaha YPT-200 + note pitch midi learn

Anything and everything about modular analog synths

Doepfer Dark Energy + Yamaha YPT-200 + note pitch midi learn

Postby astro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm

First, I'm totally new to synths, including modulars...I recently purchased a Doepfer Dark Energy. I have Yamaha PSR-E223 YPT-220 [digital] at the house and would like to use it. So far it's used to "run" the DE.

Question: I hooked up the midi out of the Yamaha to the Dark Energy's Midi In and started playing with patches (it works and sounds great). But while I was doing this I noticed something, no matter what key I play on the keyboard it's always the same pitch/note, no matter what. Is this always the case?

For example, is there a way to get it to Play the C scale with one of my Dark Energy Lead Patches? So far no luck and not even sure it's possible.

What I've tried so far: I've pressed the Learn button, played the lowest note on my keyboard, which seems to be what the manual says. If it is possible to get different pitches out of the DE via a digital keyboard I'm sure I'm doing something idiotic. :D
astro

Re: Doepfer Dark Energy + Yamaha YPT-200 + note pitch midi l

Postby jlewin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Seems like that should work -

Try patching the CV1 to VCO CV input.
When I'm not in the forum, I'm listening to Electronic music, especially techno music.
jlewin
Site Admin

Postby astro » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:32 pm

@jlewin I see a CV1 input on the rear panel. Where would the VCO CV input be located at? I see on the front panel a VCO F and a VCO PW. Patch the cable from CV1 to one of these? I do not see any other sockets that say VCO at the moment.
Thanks for the reply back, I do appreciate it. :)
astro

Postby astro » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 pm

astro

Return to Modular Synthesizer Forum