Audiofile Engineering has introduced voXover, a new voice-over automation tool and batch recorder for Mac OS X.
voXover is a voice-over automation utility and batch-recorder for multimedia projects that require large numbers of individual audio files to be recorded where a typical multi-track recorder is not feasible. Examples range from video game development and broadcast work to speaking dictionary and telephone voice-response production.
“voXover is an indispensable tool for multimedia developers who need to record large amounts of dialog efficiently and without error,” said Audiofile’s Matthew Foust.
voXover allows you to write or import a written script and rapidly automate the recording of that script. The script can be displayed on voXover’s teleprompter to the voice talent via your wired or wireless network. Sessions can range from completely automated to completely free-form. Takes are automatically created, named, and annotated as configured in the script. Takes may also be filtered, sorted, organized, rearranged, renamed, and exported at any time during the session, making voXover incredibly flexible.
- Based on the familiar Aqua interface
- Organizes scripts into manageable, hierarchical “chunks”
- Uses Bonjour technologies allowing remote machines to log into sessions
- Teleprompter mode for Bonjour-connected clients
- Works with pre-defined script or completely free-form
- Does not require users to learn proprietary markup languages
- Names files based on tokens such as take number, session, and abbreviated line
- Allows users to specify any number of takes per line
- Creates takes based on silence
- Exports takes based on ratings
- Automatically trims and pads takes when exporting
- Exports files as AIFF, WAVE, Wave Editor, SDII, or CAF
- Intelligent import utility imports scripts from TXT, RTF, CSV, or tab-delimited files
- Utilizes (and requires) features in OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Support for all audio hardware
- Support for multiple channel inputs
- Optimized for Altivec/SSE
- Universal binary
voXover 1.0.1 is priced at $375. Users of Gallery’s VoicePro X can crossgrade to voXover for only $325.