Is the Tenori On too expensive for your taste?
Then check out the new Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer – a musical instrument that looks like it could be the offspring of a Yamaha Tenori On crossed with a 25-year old Casiotone.
Like the Tenori On, the Bliptronic 5000 is a matrix synth, featuring an 8 x 8 matrix of buttons that act as switches to control what notes get played.
Unlike the Tenori On, though, the Bliptronic 5000 is $49.99 and barebones – not so powerful and sexy, but you won’t feel bad hacking on it!
- Unusual retro synthesizer is played with a grid of glowing buttons
- Create looping patterns and change them dynamically while playing
- Chain multiple units together and create more complex melodies
- One octave range. 8 notes can be played simultaneously
- 8 different old-skool synth sounding instruments to choose from
- Sounds created using FM waveform synthesis
- Set the BPM (beats per minute) from 60 to 180 in 20 BPM increments
- Built in speaker with headphone jack and line-out jack
- Front panel is constructed from brushed aluminum
- Includes, manual and 2 link cables for connecting additional Bliptronic units
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included)