Moog Music today announced the new MF-401 Auto De-tune, a new rackmount audio effect that promises to add natural imperfections to even the most heavily AutoTuned vocals:
Introducing Moog Music’s MF-401 Auto De-tune, featuring Authentic Vocal Imperfection technology, even a T-Pain vocal can be restored to its complete original character, scrubbing the pitch correction and leaving the untreated vocal in all its wavering sharp or flat glory. Results may vary, and Moog Music in no way bears responsibility for discomfort or irritation caused by the use of the MF-401.
- •Drunk as a Sailor
- •Seattle sensitive alternative warble
- •Where did all the green room beer go?
- •Original Star Trek cast member attempts to make pop music
- •My vocal monitor is blown, so Soundman, please mix me REALLY low
- •Mrs. Miller
- •Too punk rock to turn down your !#$%&*!! stage volume
- •Cat in an alley under a full moon
- •Tone Def
- •Florence Foster Jenkins
According to Moog, each preset can be adjusted to taste or lack thereof with the Warble rate, Deviation range, Emotive Overload, and Caterwaul rotary controls, allowing a virtually infinite variety and depth of vocal expression and variation.