Serj Tankian, Propellerhead Software and Electronic Musician magazine have announced a new contest to remix Disowned Inc., a track off of Tankian’s new album, Imperfect Harmonies.
The grand prize is a copy of the full Reason + Record suite and a signed copy of Tankian’s new album.
Here are the details:
- Go here to create your Propellerhead User account (If you already have a User Account, you do not need to create a new one)
- Download the Record software here.
- Email [email protected] after you have downloaded the software to receive your unique code to unlock all the features of Record and receive your download link to the audio stems for “Disowned Inc.” within 12 hours.
- Create your remix as a wave/aif file and then convert it to an mp3 format (no larger than 6mb)
- Submit your entry to [email protected] by November 7, 2010.
- Serjical Strike will announce the 5 top finalists as well as the 1st and 2nd place winners on November 22, 2010.
3 thoughts on “Serj Tankian Propellerhead Remix Contest”
This isn't for me.. No, not because I feel too good, but because I know I am no match here.
Yet… with stuff like this I've always wondered.. What would happen when a guy would pick this up, ignore record entirely and instead use his own favorite DAW to remix and create the mp3 required for the competition? 😉
I don't think I could stand listening to Serj Tankian for long enough to complete this competition and if I had to complete the whole project in a new DAW I have no experience in I'd probably go crazy. It sounds like a nightmare.
It actually doesn't say anywhere in the rules that you have to use Record.
You might actually be able to do the whole thing in a different DAW and no one will be the wiser.